PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about replacing seals on a CO2 pellet gun?

Bill Bukovec
07-23-2013, 10:09 PM
I have a Sheridan pellet rifle that uses Co2 cartridges. ( It's about 25 years old) . It still fires if I put in a new cartridge, but if I wait a day, the gun loses pressure. Has anyone replaced seals on a CO2 gun? Do I need to get special o rings or seals? Are there any tricks to install the seals? I'm thinking of going to an auto parts store to get o rings. I tried to find a set of O rings specifically for the gun, but I struck out. Sorry this is all one paragraph, can't get the return key to work:confused: Thanks, Bill

Kevin Bourque
07-23-2013, 10:21 PM
It's been a while, but I remeber it being pretty easy to do.

Mike Henderson
07-23-2013, 11:09 PM
If you want to have it done professionally, I had a Sheridan pump pellet gun done by a company in Los Angeles that was highly recommended on the web. They did a good job. If you're interested, I'll look up the name - don't remember it off the top of my head.

Mike

Bill Bukovec
07-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Hi Mike, I'd be interested in the name of the company. Thanks

Mike Henderson
07-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Mac-1 Airgun Distributors
13974 Van Ness Ave
Gardena, CA 90249
(310) 327-3582
http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/

I forgot the guy's name but he did an excellent job on the repair (it's bigger than a one man operation). The gun had not been used in 20 - 30 years and wouldn't pump at all. If you ship to him, he'll ask you to take the stock off. All he needs is the mechanicals.

Mike

Bill Bukovec
07-25-2013, 1:25 PM
Thanks Mike

ray hampton
07-25-2013, 3:35 PM
Mac-1 Airgun Distributors
13974 Van Ness Ave
Gardena, CA 90249
(310) 327-3582
http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/

I forgot the guy's name but he did an excellent job on the repair (it's bigger than a one man operation). The gun had not been used in 20 - 30 years and wouldn't pump at all. If you ship to him, he'll ask you to take the stock off. All he needs is the mechanicals.

Mike

What type of fastener do the air rifle use to hold the stock on, I can not see the bottom of the hole to tell the type of screw head

Mike Henderson
07-25-2013, 5:03 PM
What type of fastener do the air rifle use to hold the stock on, I can not see the bottom of the hole to tell the type of screw head
Mine just had a single slotted head screw about half way between the front of the stock and the trigger guard. Remove that and the stock comes off. Don't know on yours.

Mike

ray hampton
07-25-2013, 11:23 PM
Mine just had a single slotted head screw about half way between the front of the stock and the trigger guard. Remove that and the stock comes off. Don't know on yours.

Mike

removing my stock involve removing two star screws toward the forearm end and two that held the trigger guard to the stock

Craig D Peltier
07-26-2013, 11:33 AM
Theres several airgun forums my dad belongs to. Im sure there a wealth of knowledge. Not sure of your talking about the guns you fill with a scuba tank but thats what im talking about. He has fixed his seals before and has had then sent out as well to be fixed.

Bill Bukovec
07-26-2013, 8:46 PM
Hi Craig, Can you point me to one of your dad's forums? Thanks, Bill

John Shuk
08-05-2013, 8:02 AM
Pyramydair.com may be able to help. Great company to do business with.