PDA

View Full Version : Free Photo Editor

Scott Shepherd
07-23-2013, 7:47 PM
Saw this posted elsewhere today. Took a look at it and it's outstanding. Free, online image editor that is FANTASTIC.

pixlr.com (click on the "pixlr editor" button at the top and upload a file).

Take it for a test drive and report back.

Scott Shepherd
07-24-2013, 2:53 PM
No takers? 179 views, no tries?

Martin Boekers
07-24-2013, 2:56 PM
When I first went to the site I was redirected to another page, so I stopped there. I just get nervous when that happens.

Jason Hilton
07-24-2013, 4:21 PM
Kinda neat! Pretty quick to understand if you're already familiar with photoshop. I can see this being useful to me if I am away from my computers and need to do a quick image edit somewhere. It also has some cool filters that aren't standard with photoshop.

Cool link, thanks!

Frank Corker
07-24-2013, 5:10 PM
Considering it's all done online, it's fantastic. Nice find Steve.

Chuck Stone
07-25-2013, 2:12 PM
When I first went to the site I was redirected to another page, so I stopped there. I just get nervous when that happens.

I thought I was the only one paranoid enough to do that. I have script blockers, redirect blockers,
no track software (it all makes the web veeeeeerrrryyyy slow) but it's amazing to see how much
information you're giving away without knowing it. Every site you go to now seems to know where
you came from. and where you were yesterday. And they not only see their cookies, they see other
cookies. Super cookies. Master cookies.

Scott Shepherd
07-25-2013, 2:54 PM
I get no redirect and in my plugin that tells me who's watching what on each site, it shows 1 thing, google analytics, which just about every site out there is using. I didn't see anything suspicious about it, the site, or anything related to it.

Martin Boekers
07-26-2013, 5:46 PM
What plug in are you using?

Scott Shepherd
07-26-2013, 6:13 PM
Do Not Track. I'm on a Mac running Safari, but it looks like it's available for everyone. It's from AVG actually....

http://www.avg.com/ww-en/do-not-track

Chuck Stone
07-26-2013, 7:27 PM
I like DNTM, but it won't stop redirects. When I click on link, I always check it to see
where it is really going first. Redirects often won't tell you. It's a good way to get
malware.. and you won't know till it's too late.
I use NoRedirect as well as NoScript and Request Policy. It does slow things down,
but I haven't had a problem. (seen a few shady things I've avoided, though!)

Martin Boekers
07-26-2013, 7:49 PM
Do Not Track. I'm on a Mac running Safari, but it looks like it's available for everyone. It's from AVG actually....

http://www.avg.com/ww-en/do-not-track

I too run a Mac with Safari, I have the do not track checked. How do you see who is trying to track you? I'm running 10.7.5

Scott Shepherd
07-26-2013, 9:03 PM
I too run a Mac with Safari, I have the do not track checked. How do you see who is trying to track you? I'm running 10.7.5

It's a plugin. It shows an eyeball next to the forward button (top left area). The eyeball shows a red number if there are tracking things going on. Click it and you'll see what, on that site, is causing that flag to pop up. Most all the time, it's Google Analytics and Facebook tracking. You can click on them and it'll block it from tracking with those things.