PDA

View Full Version : Colored Acrylic

Jeff Belany
07-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Been searching for colored acrylic, 1/16" or 1/8" in purple and gold (school colors). I've found a couple purples but don't seem to find any golds. I'm looking at the gold mirror from Delvies (anyone use this and how does it look?) -- any ideas on other golds? Love to get something that has some metallic look to it. Maybe nothing out there but I thought I'd ask the experts.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Jiten Patel
07-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Not sure I can help about sourcing a supplier as I am in the Uk, Just cut and engraved some Gold Mirror so thought I would show you what it looks like (picture doesn't do it justice, much nicer in person)

Martin Boekers
07-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Have you thought about getting clear and painting the reverse side?

Jeff Belany
07-23-2013, 1:36 PM
This piece may get some wear. Not sure what paint to use to get a good purple and gold and stick well to the acrylic. Gold won't be a problem but the purple may be harder. I guess I cold use purple acrylic and then paint the gold. May give it a try, I have plenty of clear on hand.

I'll probably try the gold mirror first and see how it works.

Martin Boekers
07-23-2013, 1:55 PM
You may want to check with Krylon, as they have paint that is designed to be durable for outdoor use. (Fusion Series)

They may have a similar "base" that colors can be mixed.

Mike DeRegnaucourt
07-24-2013, 10:16 AM
What about using Rowmark? They might have the purple and gold you are looking for. Just a thought.

Jeff Belany
07-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Rowmark has the colors, but for the application I'm doing the white back won't look right. I ordered some color mirror from Delvies to see how it will work. If it does, I'll post some pix.

Mary Geitz
07-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Inventables dot com has what you need. I buy from them all the time and have been very happy with their service.

Jeff Belany
07-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Thanks for all the help. Ordered a couple sheets from Delvie's just to try it but will check out the Rowmark. Delvie's hit me for $16+ for shipping then I found they offered the same item on EBAY with free shipping. Don't get it??

Martin Boekers
07-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks for all the help. Ordered a couple sheets from Delvie's just to try it but will check out the Rowmark. Delvie's hit me for $16+ for shipping then I found they offered the same item on EBAY with free shipping. Don't get it??

Jeff in northern Wisconsin We do get a discount from delvies. so ask about it! :)