PDA

View Full Version : She loves Bees! Bee Hive ornament

Roger Chandler
07-22-2013, 9:58 PM
A lady in our church asked me on Sunday if I would make a bee hive ornament for her grand daughter's upcoming birthday on August 14th.....she said her grand daughter really loves bees. I really did not have the time, but I had given one to the lady's sister after she saw the first one I made.......so I figured that I would take the time, because over the next couple of weeks, I have a really busy schedule.

I did not use a beading tool on this one......I wanted the beads to be a bit bigger than my 1/8" beading tool will do, so it was a detail gouge and small skew.

This is my second one of these bee hive ornaments, and I like this one a little better than my first one.....mainly because of the bigger beads and also the lighter wood is ash and of course the bottom is walnut. The other one was osage orange and walnut and darkens over time.

Bill Bulloch
07-23-2013, 7:24 AM
I like your little Bee Hive and the nice job you did on the beads. The beads look to be all the same size and spacing. I saved the picture to my computer file for "things I might want to make one day" -- hope you don't mine being copied.

Roger Chandler
07-23-2013, 7:47 AM
I like your little Bee Hive and the nice job you did on the beads. The beads look to be all the same size and spacing. I saved the picture to my computer file for "things I might want to make one day" -- hope you don't mine being copied.

Go for it Bill..........I hope you have fun with it!