PDA

View Full Version : Whew, finally done

Ray Bell
07-22-2013, 7:46 PM
These are the bowls and vases I have turned for this years Art In The Park show. This is an annual show that happens locally each year on the last Friday and Saturday in July. It is the only place I ever sell my work, as I have no desire to pack things up and travel. It is usually brutally a hot couple of days, but all in all enjoyable to run into old friends and acquaintances, besides that if I didn't sell a few occasionally what would I do with all of these things. We have a small house, so they certainly won't fit here, and I think my family is getting tired of bowls every Christmas:) I just like to turn these things, keeps me busy, and out of my wife's hair, and if I sell some it helps to feed my wood, glass, and rock addiction. Most of these blanks came from our good friend Jeff Nicol, which reminds me Jeff, I am about out of wood!

David A. Peterson
07-22-2013, 7:53 PM
I sense a pattern of covered dishes! Looks good! Hope you make some moooooolah !

Allan Ferguson
07-22-2013, 8:45 PM
Colorful work. I am pretty much in the same situation.

Ryan Mooney
07-22-2013, 9:25 PM
Nice collection, hope they sell well!

We have a small house, so they certainly won't fit here, and I think my family is getting tired of bowls every Christmas:) I just like to turn these things, keeps me busy, and out of my wife's hair, and if I sell some it helps to feed my wood, glass, and rock addiction.

I haven't run out of friends/neighbors/family to give them to yet, but I suspect that at some point they'll end up like the zucchini of woodworking where I'll have to sneak up to peoples porches and drop off bags of them in the middle of the night. Luckily? my current output is severely limited by a lack of free time :D

James Combs
07-22-2013, 9:43 PM
A very nice selection of vessels. Question: Lids look to be acrylic or similar, what are they made from.
BTW I am doing the same thing trying to get ready for a one day show the middle of August.

John Keeton
07-22-2013, 10:13 PM
A very nice selection of vessels. Question: Lids look to be acrylic or similar, what are they made from.
BTW I am doing the same thing trying to get ready for a one day show the middle of August.JD, Ray can comment, but I will add that he has a history of doing some very artistic fused glass, and I suspect that most of the fine work you see is that.

Ray Bell
07-22-2013, 11:55 PM
Thanks folks for the nice comments, and James, Mr. Keeton is correct. These al
re all fused glass lids.

William Tanner
07-23-2013, 12:06 AM
Great job Ray. If there are not too many customers in line, I'll stop by and say hello. Do you need any help getting these treasures down to the park? I'll be glad to help. :)

Ray Bell
07-23-2013, 2:14 AM
Thank you for the offer Bill, we went through the agonizing process of pricing tonight, so the tough job is done. I'll call if we need anything.

Dale Bonertz
07-23-2013, 8:32 AM
Ray,
Nice pile of work/play. It struck me that you are in Washington and here in Colorado a friend of mine does the fused glass lids also. Goes to show that people have the same type of ideas as others. Hope you have a good show.

Bernie Weishapl
07-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Ray that is a great looking bunch. Well done.

bob svoboda
07-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Great assortment of wonderful pieces, Ray. You have really been productive! I wish you the best with your show. Good Luck and good sales!!

Jeff Nicol
07-23-2013, 8:13 PM
Ray, You sure have been a busy bee, and you should be able to find some good folks to purchase a bunch of them from you! I have been busy doing the same old thing, cutting wood, welding stuff and oh yea a couple of weeks ago I cooked a whole hog on my latest creation a hog roaster!

Hope the weather is perfect and the patrons have deep pockets, great work and good luck my freind,

Jeff