PDA

View Full Version : System Three Epoxy's, U-Tah cartridges??

Mike Cutler
07-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Hey Folks

I was perusing System Three's website last nite and came across a new, too me, product, the U-Tah Cartiridge. I'm just trying to see if anyone here has used them and what were your impressions? An internet search revealed zippo in any actual user reviews.

I pretty much exclusively use epoxy in wood working, and if the product can actually premix very small amounts of epoxy it would be very beneficial.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Rick Lizek
07-22-2013, 6:08 PM
We've been using it for a few years now. Not sure what you mean by small amounts. The tubes are 8.4 ounces. They work fine. The key is the mixing tip. For small amounts it's still easier to use the old mixing stick and standard dispensers.

Mike Cutler
07-22-2013, 6:23 PM
Rick

Their website seems to imply that you can squeeze it out right into the joint with a caulk gun, sort of like the twin 5 minute tubes. If it doesn't do that though, I'll just keep mixing it.
I don't think I've mixed up 8 oz. of epoxy at one time since I stopped working at the boat yard.

Rick Lizek
07-22-2013, 7:14 PM
It does mix it like that but it's not designed for small dabs of epoxy throughout a long period of time. The mixing tips are spirals and once you start using a tube you need to keep going. If you use half a tube in the morning the epoxy in the mixing tube hardens. You can put a new mixing tube on and use the rest of the epoxy. I don't think it will be much use to your applications.

Mike Cutler
07-23-2013, 5:30 AM
Rick

I was heading down to the marine supplier today to get some T-88, and saw the tubes on their website. They look interesting, but as you pointed out, they won't do what I thought they would.
Thank you for the feedback. It saved me $20.00 and probably a lot of aggravation.

Mike