PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
07-22-2013, 9:28 AM
22 July 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
We are continuing to make progress on getting the home renovations done and now it's down to some minor trim work to be finished, patching nail holes, caulking, and then the final touch up painting. Then the LOML wants to prime and paint both the front and back doors of the house. Today my boys will get the paint for their rooms and they will begin the process of painting their own rooms. One thing I've learned through all this is that replacing flooring in your own house is extremely disruptive to the entire household.!!!! It's been painfully slow in getting things back in order and I sure hope to make some serious progress on getting things back in order this week.

I can't wait to get back into the shop sometime this fall when the temps are much cooler.!!

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Dale Osowski
07-22-2013, 9:32 AM
I finally got my saw mill assembled. Hopefully milling next weekend.

Matt Meiser
07-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Still haven't done any woodworking here. Went and talked to a dog rescue Saturday and my daughter needed some last minute things for all her 4H projects. Sunday I mowed and did a little trimming, and primed and painted a stand I welded up a couple weeks ago for my mower blade grinder and balancer. Really need to get going on my parents cabinets but this week we've got family in town all week and next week is the county fair. Plus my shop really needs residing and I think we are going to spring for that this year (we'll be having a contractor do steel siding to replace the beat up vinyl and rotting wood trim) but I've been wanting to add a sort of a porch roof over the entry door so its now or never for that.

Bill Huber
07-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Well Dennis I go my AC installed in my shop, not a real big one just 12,000 but it takes care of my little shop, 12x16. It was running 78 degrees all day yesterday and that is fine with me. I just have to do some more insulation here and then which I think will help some.

Now maybe I can get back to making saw dust.

David Weaver
07-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Mid process in kitchen cabinets, progress has been slow but did get about 10 hours of time in the shop this weekend.

Doug Richardson
07-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Spent Saturday afternoon upgrading the firmware in our wireless microphone systems from version 1.01 to version 2.01. Yes, that's right..... I'm a geek. Also put a coat of poly on a new door for the living room hallway, and put away some tools that were lying around.....

Jerry Toschlog
07-22-2013, 11:50 AM
I got my 19" Grizzly G0514X2B BS Friday, zero damage, perfect condition, driver had a pallet jack and rolled it straight into the shop. I assembled it, finished running the 220, had a wedding to photograph Saturday then that evening I tuned the BS and did a few test cuts. Then Sunday I forced myself to clean the shop BEFORE I fired it up, once cleaned I played with it and made several bowl blanks. Wow it is really nice to cut a log like butter and then make a blank.

Mike Cutler
07-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Back in the shop and finally working on our kitchen cabinet job. Hopefully the weather coopoerates for the next few weeks.
Had to heavily modify my Delta 14-651 for all of the M&T joints coming up in my cabinet project. It works really nice now, very accurate.

Shawn Pixley
07-23-2013, 12:57 AM
Saturday morning spend prepping and applying the last coat of finish on my entry for the fair. Took the dog to Art Walk (he thought it was "dog walk"). Then LOML & I went to dinner and saw a movie. Sunday was putting the last finishing touches on my entry. Dropped it off around noon then went into the office to prep for today. If I don't get a call the the piece is accepted and will go into the judging and displayed at the fair. Today was a hectic 13 hour day. Luckily, no time to fret over whether I will get a call or not. So far, so good...

joe maday
07-23-2013, 1:16 AM
Finally finished up a walnut bedside chest of drawers