PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on Bedrocks

Scott Behrens
05-24-2005, 6:54 PM
Ok, picked up 3 bedrocks at a local auction a couple of weeks back. I'm thinking I've got a 603 type 6, 605 type 6, and a 605 type 9. Let me know if you think I'm wrong. If anyone can give me an approximate value on these, I'd appreciate it. I'm pretty much looking for planes to use not collect. I will probably decide whether to keep and/or use these or to sell them based on their value. If they're not worth much, then I might as well use em. I haven't even nocked the dust off of them yet...

btw, The 603 tote looks like it's been modified a bit on top(after a small break) and both the 605's have the top broken off. The knob on the 605 T6 has some chips at the base and a small crack but it usable. The tote on the 605 T9 looks like its been repaired fairly well from a break. The jappaning on the 603 is very good and pretty good on the 605 T6 and fairly good on the 605 T9. Thanks for any input. None are corrugated and the bottoms are pretty good but do have a couple of light scatches.

Once again, thanks for any guidance.

Tim Leo
05-24-2005, 8:00 PM
If you decide to sell the 603, I am interested.

Charlie Kocourek
05-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Hi Scott,

Try doing a search on ebay for "bedrock plane" and watch to see what they sell for. That will give you a good idea as to what the market value really is. 605's are fairly inexpensive. Square sided #3's in good shape fetch a good buck. Personally, I would keep the #3.

Roy Wall
05-24-2005, 10:34 PM
My guess is the 605's would go for around $80-100 and the 603 could go around $150-180......maybe more

You just never know on the bay.........

Scott Behrens
05-25-2005, 8:31 AM
Thanks for some numbers, that helps. Guess a move would be to put one 605 up since I don't need two anyhow and see what happens. Now I'm wondering if there would be any actual value difference between the two. Is the one that's a bit older with better jappaning the more valueable of the two? If so, is the difference only like $5? Is the plain cap for a T9 correct or has something been switched out? Also, I did forget that there is a small chip out of the back of the mouth on the 603. Suppose that could affect the value.

Thanks again,
Scott