PDA

View Full Version : Photograv

Nigel Morgan
07-19-2013, 2:23 PM
Hello,

a large part of my business is working with images, engraving from photograv,,after 5 years I've just upgraded PC. Now photograv will not work on windows 64 bit,mom just stuck with a useless program, photograv require nearly $200 to upgrade, any ideas please from the experts here?

Cheers

Nigel

Isaac Clarke
07-19-2013, 2:57 PM
Buy Pic Engrave Pro. Its, in my opinion much better than PhotoGrav and is only $50. They have a demo available.

Mike Troncalli
07-19-2013, 3:30 PM
I guess the question to ask is "How much do you make each year on your laser"? I understand it sucks to have to spend $200.00 for an upgrade, but you know how to work the program, it is an integral part of your business. I would just "bite the bullet" and upgrade. I think in the end you will be happier that you did. Plus not trying to convert all of your old files into a new software package.

Martin Boekers
07-19-2013, 3:36 PM
You can use the "gold" method that Rodne posted here for free, also there are some great You Tube videos to use Corel to convert photos.

See Roy Brewer videos.

Tim Bateson
07-19-2013, 3:43 PM
Unless you have a really old Epilog, the dithering of the 64 bit driver makes PhotoGrav nearly obsolete.

John Champlain
07-20-2013, 8:26 AM
Nigel,
I am the author of PicEngrave Pro, and I may be able to help you with a different program I also have. Please contact me off list.
John Champlain
picengraveATverizon.net

Dennis Watson
07-23-2013, 1:59 PM
If I understand this Picengrave software is for gray scale capable lasers only, right?

John Champlain
07-23-2013, 6:57 PM
Hi Dennis,
PicEngrave Pro is for lasers operated with gcode, typically home built CO2 and laser diode machines. Another program I have written, PicDither, is specifically for dithering images with one of 11 different algorithms.

Regards,
John Champlain