PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui SH-G1290 Questions

Glen Rose
07-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Hi Guys, long time lurker.

I've got a K40 laser personally that I've fixed up with linux CNC and the like, love it. But now my workplace is looking at buying a decent sized laser to prototype larger steel parts with using MDF/PTEG etc. The bulk of the wood will just be cutting one off pieces. So things like engraving performance and speed aren't of large concern.

Shenhui rates highly here so have gotten a quote from them on the SH-G1290SH 100w 1200x900 work area. Price seems very reasonable at $4200 for the RECI version CIF to australia. So here's my big ole' pile of question (i have done a decent amount of searching btw :) ). Any help is very well appreciated.

1) Can anyone comment on the machine itself quality wise. Any modifications i need to consider immediately and so forth. The k40 needed surprisingly little in that regard, aside from the bodgy wiring its quite a nicely made machine. Hopefully that translates on to the larger ones.

2) They recommended us a cw5000 chiller to go with it. Would just like to check that this is actually a chiller and not just a recirculator/radiator type affair. Also what is the quality like? A quick search here seems to indicate they are okay.

3) For smoke extraction, they offered their own machine, a "model c3106" but the picture has YAOCEO YC3106 smoke absorber on it. Yet again, comments on the quality/effectiveness of this item appreciated. The price is fairly high at >$1000 So perhaps just buying one locally and saving on shipping might be a better option.

4) Biggest of all is the shipping. They quoted CIF to Sydney freight included in the quotation with the machine. It seems pretty low, but i've never purchased direct from China before. What is the reality here with regard to shipping, and has anyone specifically brought one in to Aus? I did mention to my bosses to factor in another $1000-2000 on shipping, customs and brokerage alone. A thread here did mention shenhui have become more realistic with their shipping prices, but wouldn't have a clue myself! Need to do some serious research on the matter.

Thank you very much,
Best regards,
Glen

Rodne Gold
07-19-2013, 3:21 AM
Glen , The sticky thread at the top of the forum should answer all your questions..follow the subthreads as well.
I'm not sure what thicknesses you want to cut , but 100w wont do very thick stuff.. you *may* get away with 8-10mm MDF..I would go with a much more potent tube if it's a cutting only application even if you are cutting a little thinner than 10mm.

Balsanu Gabi
07-19-2013, 3:59 AM
Hi Glenn,

An advice about extraction unit. Don't buy that. I have one and is .
Read on the forum about some diy solution.

HTH
Gabi

Walt Langhans
07-21-2013, 11:03 PM
+1 for what Rodney said, however some very quick answers (to which you can find the why in the thread Rodney mentions):

1/ I've had my machine for less than a year and beat the crud out of it and if works just as well as it did when I un-boxed it.

2/ Yes that chiller is fine

3/ Proper ventilation is highly important, get the biggest one they have and you'll be fine, talk to your rep they will know what's what

4/ Get Shenhui to get it to their port and then use your own agent to get it to you. There are LOTS of potential issues with shipping, search the threads and make sure you have it all covered.

Hope that helps!

Glen Rose
07-22-2013, 1:15 AM
Thanks guys,

Still trawling through threads but the machine and chiller seem fine, looks like we'll just make/buy the filter locally. Buying of the machines been approved, i just have to look into the freight/import duty side of things. Any of the Australians on here have a recommendation for a freight-forwarder? Thinking having it FOB'd and getting a local forwarder to look after it from then on might be best.

Cheers.

Glen Rose
07-24-2013, 9:06 PM
Okay, so nearly about ready to order. Have found a broker and quoted up shipping which seems reasonable.

Some further questions - what kind of material thickness can i expect to be able to cut on a 100w RECI machine? (The manufacturers are rather hazy on that detail) Mainly with regard to delrin, MDF and acrylic. Cutting time is irrelevant as it's just for in house items, but would still need to be reasonably clean without a huge kerf etc.

Thanks for the help, it's very much appreciated!
Best regards,
Glen

Rodne Gold
07-25-2013, 2:55 AM
With decent edges etc
3mm Delrin (I'm going according to a similar material we have here..not actual delrin)
MDF - 6mm nicely , 10mm might be messy
8mm acrylic nicely , 10-12mm acceptably , anything over , slow and potentially messy.