PDA

View Full Version : keeping drinking water cool

Brian Deakin
07-18-2013, 2:44 PM
I live in the UK and will be travelling to California on 22nd July to begin a 3 week driving tour I would like to purchase a Yellow Igloo 8 qt. Water Cooler (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00002ND4X/ref=s9_simh_gw_p200_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1F5BP8V5GJT4PX2W7DVJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846)

Can anyone advise a store where I may purchase one

We will be starting in LA then travelling north towards San Francisco I am unable to order the product on the internet because it takes 5 days to deliver

regards Brian

ray hampton
07-18-2013, 6:05 PM
I keep mine water in the fridge

Chuck Wintle
07-18-2013, 6:32 PM
http://www.igloocoolers.com/Find-a-Retailer try this retailer locator the may have what you want

Myk Rian
07-18-2013, 7:19 PM
2 threads on the same topic within 13 minutes?

phil harold
07-18-2013, 7:23 PM
I hate to say it but,
walmart

you will be able to find a 5 gallon one easier than a 2 gallon one
everything is bigger here, compared to your side of the pond

Mike Cutler
07-18-2013, 7:24 PM
Home Depot and WalMart, both sell those coolers. Camping supply stores, sporting goods dealers, RV centers, etc. They're not hard to find.
Finding the store in L.A., now that could be a little adventure in itself.;)

Some of the So. Cal folks can surely tell you exactly how to get to a store near the airport.

glenn bradley
07-18-2013, 7:28 PM
I keep mine water in the fridge

That won't help him while driving :).

Larry Whitlow
07-18-2013, 10:19 PM
You can find these at just about any general merchandise or sporting goods store. Target stores are just about everywhere. You can probably get one there. Funny, I sold mine at a garage sale last year. Have a great trip.

Dave Lehnert
07-18-2013, 10:38 PM
I can't say I have ever seen the 8 qt size in stores. I see a lot of 5gal size.

Larry Whitlow
07-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Another option is to buy a cheap ice chest then stick some half gallon "bottled" water jugs in it. You can get the large jugs of bottled water at any grocery store.

Shawn Pixley
07-18-2013, 11:29 PM
I have a small cooler that plugs into the accessory power to keep beverages cool.

Curt Fuller
07-19-2013, 5:55 PM
I find it easier to buy a case of bottled water. I throw a half dozen bottles in a small lunch box size cooler with some ice. Refill the ice everyday.

Erik Loza
07-19-2013, 6:20 PM
I find it easier to buy a case of bottled water. I throw a half dozen bottles in a small lunch box size cooler with some ice. Refill the ice everyday.

This ^^^...

I am fundamentally opposed to being wasteful and using unneccesary plastic bottles but in a travel situation, you will be apt to do what is convenient and that means "grabbing a bottle of water". My wife and I travel a lot and staying hydrated, especially in the summer, is super-important. We just throw a few bottles in each of our backpacks if we leave the car for a hike and then, never an issue of running out, spilling all over the place, etc. Also, we bring food and such and it is a lot easier to just put it all on one cooler. At home/gym/working in garage, I refill my Nalgene and drink from that but whenever we fly into someplace and rent a car, we just pick up a case of water bottles and do it that way. Just what works for us.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Brian Deakin
07-19-2013, 7:32 PM
A huge thank you to everyone for your help ,I did try e mailing Igloo but received no response.When I looked at internet suppliers there was a delivery time of 5 days

The difficulty living 4000 miles away is it is impossible to know the availability of products in store and ordering over the internet when we will be constantly on the move and needing the product at the start of the holiday excludes the internet option

I will try Walmart ,home depot and Target as suggested

regards Brian

Bob Turkovich
07-19-2013, 7:33 PM
Just because Brian asked about a water cooler doesn't necessarily mean he plans on keeping only water in it...;)

Vera D. Lindsey
07-20-2013, 12:59 PM
I think, you should search your nearby stores. You can visit their sites before you choose to go. You are going to travelling, that's good. Happy travelling to California.