PDA

View Full Version : Invica Delta Model 22650 planer help

Howard Sigler
07-18-2013, 9:49 AM
I am helping an elderly neighbor repair an Invica Delta Planer Model 22650 (similar to a model RC 33) and the drive will not engage. It appears that the mechanism that engages the drive is missing a roll pin or something similar. I am not sure how it engages to make the drive or feed work. Does anyone know how the drive mechanism works and where I can get parts and a repair/parts manual? The planer will be for sale once the repair is completed. Thanking you in advance. Howard Sigler 817-573-5350 Granbury TX

Steve Schlumpf
07-18-2013, 4:33 PM
Moved here from another forum. Hope someone can help answer Howard's question.

Brian Lefort
07-18-2013, 6:38 PM
email me at 1blefort11@gmail.com (melefort11@gmail.com). I'l send a couple of pdf's your way

Pat Day
11-06-2013, 12:40 AM
I have (maybe) the same model planer, just purchased. Brazil manufactured in 1982, model 22-650 Delta/Invicta. Has beige original paint. It seems a little bit different from the RC-33 model, at least it appears different compared to the manual for the RC-33, which I found online.

My machine does not have the feed drive control "shifter" handle shown on the RC-33 image. That handle attached fairly high on the side of the gear box. My machine does have a small "T" handle protruding near the bottom of this same gear box, which is oil filled. I have not yet determined what function the "T" handle serves as it turns left or right.
I have posted this issue and photos on owwm.org, "delta invicta 13" and will not re-post here.
If anyone understands what this does, or if a manual that fits above description is available, I would love to know.

Matt Day
11-06-2013, 8:02 AM
The gear boxes of this planers are pretty simple I think. Have you gotten a manual for it and checked the gears vs what the manual shows?

Loren Woirhaye
11-06-2013, 11:03 AM
I think the handle goes in and out. On my Taiwan knockoff it is a push-pull. Maybe it has a middle setting to disengage. You aren't supposed to change the setting unless the machine is running.

Pat Day
11-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Hi Matt,
Great last name, btw....
I have factory manual (copy) for the RC-33 that is supposed to be the same as the 22-650. Nearly everything external looks identical, but that "T" handle bothers me a bit, since I'm not certain of its function or exactly what lies inside the gear box. I just saw a reply that said it has the same function as the longer handle on the RC-33, and that pulling it in and out engages and disengages the feed drive... just like the longer handle on the RC-33. I am now looking at posts offering some links to manuals, so maybe the mystery is close to being solved...

Matt Day
11-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks Pat, same to you! The last know ancestor of my family was a Pat Day, who emigrated here from Ireland. And welcome to the 'Creek!

I have the Jet 15" model of this planer, but I think the gear boxes are basically the same. If you're up for it, I suggest you dig into that gearbox to see how it all works. When I bought mine, I tore it all apart to clean it up and replace bearings and it was pretty neat to see how it all works. I was able to see how the speed control lever worked and how it engaged different sized gears to change the speed.

Google "Generic 15 and 20 four post planers Byrd" and you'll find a pdf installation guide for a Byrd head. There you'll see some detail about taking the gear box apart.

Good luck!

Steven Woodward
08-09-2020, 6:44 PM
I am 7 years late, but have the answer to your question. The T handle engages the power feed rollers that pull wood through the machine. Pull out handle to engage rollers. This is the normal operating position. See bottom of page 11, in document: RC-33 Instruction Manual 1981 in folder https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_Qm84_ZeMmsxgP-hHsI-Ppf39kiUOEU3

Steven Woodward
08-09-2020, 6:49 PM
I am helping an elderly neighbor repair an Invica Delta Planer Model 22650 (similar to a model RC 33) and the drive will not engage. It appears that the mechanism that engages the drive is missing a roll pin or something similar. I am not sure how it engages to make the drive or feed work. Does anyone know how the drive mechanism works and where I can get parts and a repair/parts manual? The planer will be for sale once the repair is completed. Thanking you in advance. Howard Sigler 817-573-5350 Granbury TX

As I am 7 years late in reply to this post, so may be too late for you elderly neighbour, but perhaps others have the same issue. If you can't fix the drive engage mechanism, then you could defeat the mechanism so that it is always engaged. Parts diagrams and more are located in this folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_Qm84_ZeMmsxgP-hHsI-Ppf39kiUOEU3