PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with right terminology - Corner Sink Faucet

David Weaver
07-18-2013, 8:41 AM
I have a sink in one of my spare bedrooms that hardly ever gets used. It's a wall-hung corner sink, and the fixtures mount in the back of the sink on the veritcal instead of flat on top of the sink.

One of the rubber gaskets in the sink has given up the ghost, and perhaps more than just the gasket in the internals (they look OK to me, but i'd have to get the right gasket to tell). I can't find the gaskets anywhere, they're a different shape than all of the standards, so I'd like to just get a new facuet for it rather than replacing the entire sink and perhaps dealing with the drain not being in the same place.

What I can't figure out is the right terminology for the sink fixture when it's mounted on the vertical in the sink instead of on the horizontal. Is it a "vertical mount" fixture or something? If I could find the right keyword, I might be able to find something similar online and not have to ditch the entire sink. It's a three holer, probably 8 inches between the hot and cold handles.

David Weaver
07-18-2013, 8:46 AM
Sink looks almost identical to this one:

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/Kohler-K-2766-0-Marston-Wall-Mount-Corner-Lavatory-with-Factory-Installed-Triton-Faucet-White/46891/Cat/1007

I see the fixtures in this one use the term "wall mount", but using wall mount as a search term yields a whole lot of fixtures that are too large for a sink like this.

..edit: OK, I think I've probably answered my own question by this point, though I don't see many fixtures suitable for that sink.

The kohler triton fixtures look like the same thing, and many of the more modern fixtures look like they'd fit though they're a bit bizarre for that 50's style sink. None of them are cheap.

So I'm still open to suggestions about where I might find a stripped down basic and inexpensive fixture give that it's a half bath that is rarely used.

Charles Wiggins
07-18-2013, 9:05 AM
I think the term you're looking for is "shelf-back faucet". In other words, a faucet for a sink with a shelf at the back.

David Weaver
07-18-2013, 9:27 AM
That's it! Thanks Charles! That yields a list of faucets that look like they would work, and gives me a lot less to sort through.