PDA

View Full Version : goosneck molding

steve tomaselli
07-17-2013, 2:46 PM
does anyone know of a free video for making gooseneck molding.

Robert LaPlaca
07-17-2013, 5:06 PM
Steve,

Gee I sure don't know of one.. I am assuming you want create a goose neck molding with a router, the best pictorial that I have seen is in the Glen Huey book Guide to building period furniture ISBN 1558707700, one of the pieces built in this book was a highboy that has a goose neck molding, the techniques shown should help.. I know that Lonnie Bird in his book Shaping Wood shows a slightly different technique using a router table using an offset pin jig.. I think between these two sources it should get you going in the right direction.. Lonnie also has a line of router bits manufactured by Amana Tool to create a specific goose neck molding shape..

FYI I used Glen Hueys technique and didn't use the Amana bits.. I believe if one uses the Lonnie Bird Amana bits no further profiling of the molding is necessary after routing is completed, with other profiles you may need/have to carve the molding to complete the molding. I would say that after all the profiling with a router was completed another 45% had to be completed via carving...

Hope this helps..

Bruce Bosse
01-02-2017, 3:04 PM
Yes at youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8xXEk3iASo