PDA

View Full Version : Engraving with Lasercut 5.3

John Bion
07-16-2013, 9:42 AM
Now Then (a Yorkshire greeting),
I am probably being stupid, but I cannot figure how to raster engrave with Lasercut 5.3
All I get is horizontal lines, I cannot get it to recognise any other engraving type nor get the lines either more nor less distant from each other. Is there a way around this, there surely must be? 266551
I would really appreciate any help.
Kind regards,
John

Roy Nielsen
07-16-2013, 10:22 AM
John,

That's an interesting look, hope you figure out what your incorrect settings are and post them here.

I'm not sure I'm smart enough to help yet, but have you checked your scan gap setting?

"9.) The “Set engrave options” dialog window will appear. Change the “Speed” to value of “325”. Set the “Power” to
value of “45”. Set the “Scan gap” to value of 0.085. The scan gap corresponds to a Dots-Per-Inch spacing as the
laser machine scans vertically. Equation .. 25.4 / DPI = Scan gap"

Dave Sheldrake
07-16-2013, 2:41 PM
Heya John,

It's scangap, I'll give you a call in a while :) been out all day with the kids :)

cheers

Dave

John Bion
07-16-2013, 5:56 PM
Thanks very much to both of you for the solution (scan gap) and extra info! I knew I was being stupid, but being new to these things... Thank you again and Kind Regards, John
PS, Dave, your personal interest and helpfulness has been much appreciated.

Dave Sheldrake
07-16-2013, 6:07 PM
No such thing as stupid my friend :)

I'm about all day tomorrow if you need any extra info, I still have 80,000 disks to cut so I'm babysitting the 2.5m most of the day :)

cheers

Dave

ps: I've had a go at that file for you as well , it should work fine now ;)