PDA

View Full Version : One of those days...

Mike Goetzke
07-15-2013, 9:18 AM
I'm building the door casing for our entrance door. My wife wanted an arch on top with a raised panel in it. I made the design of the arch with my DeltaCad program and printed a full size template. I couldn't believe how well the two joined piece arch looked out of the BS and fit to the top casing for the door - perfect. I set up the router to cope cut the arch and top casing board. I started with the casing and it looked great - except I cut cut the lower side instead of the upper:eek:. Less that $10 in wood but infinite amount of pride. Back to the wood store tonight.

Mike

John Hays
07-15-2013, 5:00 PM
Heh, that's just age letting you know it's creeping up on you.

Last year I was painting numbers on the back side of some vent covers to remind me where they needed to be placed. A few months ago I pulled them all off to do some maintenance and noticed that I painted a backwards 5... wtf!!?? :o

Jeff Monson
07-15-2013, 5:37 PM
Been there done that!! How come those cuts or procedures go sooooo smooth and work just like you had planned.

John TenEyck
07-15-2013, 7:41 PM
At least you didn't knock over all 19 balusters you just finished staining, and a newel post to boot. Argg. Want to trade?

John