PDA

View Full Version : Tell your wife that you love her...

Matt Marsh
07-13-2013, 8:30 AM
I haven't had much time or even interest in woodworking recently. One Saturday in mid April my wife of 34 years began complaining about our old mattress becoming worn out and uncomfortable. We headed straight to town and bought a new set. A week later, her back still ached, and she began having difficulty relieving her bladder. X-rays and CT-scan revealed what they thought was non-malignant fibroids. They immediately scheduled her for surgery that day for a complete hysterectomy. I knew it wasn't good when they called me in to a private consultation room to talk to the surgeon after the surgery. It is cancer. Not only is it cancer, but it is a very rare, and very aggressive type. So rare in fact that the local GYN surgeon had only seen one other case in his 30 years of practice. We were immediately referred to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota. Their plan was to do three rounds of chemo, then analyze it's effect on the tumor to determine if it is operable or not. We did our first round of chemo there in Rochester, then the two follow-up rounds back at home here in Northern MN. Yesterday's CT-scan results were not the news we wanted to hear. The chemo has had little or no effect on the tumor. So it is back to the Mayo this next week. We're hoping the local Drs. either read the scan wrong, or that the Mayo has a plan "B". My wife is my everything, I can't imagine life without her. Hug and kiss yours, and tell her that you love her as often as you can.

Dan Bundy
07-13-2013, 8:51 AM
Sorry to hear about it. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. DB

Kevin L. Pauba
07-13-2013, 9:36 AM
My prayers will include you both too.

Phil Thien
07-13-2013, 9:54 AM
You and your wife will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted!

Brian Kent
07-13-2013, 10:30 AM
God bless you both, Matt. I will go follow your orders.

Paul McGaha
07-13-2013, 10:57 AM
You guys are in our thoughts and prayers Matt.

I know what you mean about your wife being your everything. Same for me. Same for a lot of us I'm sure.

PHM

paul cottingham
07-13-2013, 11:16 AM
You will be in my prayers.

George Bokros
07-13-2013, 11:27 AM
You and your wife will be in our prayers. I too have a wonderful supportive wife and would be lost without her.

God bless and keep you.

Raymond Fries
07-13-2013, 11:29 AM
These life changing situations are so sad. I will include both of you in my prayers. All my hopes that she will be treated with success. May you stand strong, stay positive, and be supportive.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-13-2013, 1:55 PM
Matt,

Next month it will be 22 years since my wife was diagnosed of a rare and deadly form of cancer. Her doctor recommended she go to University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle for surgery. She did and survives today. We celebrated our 44th anniversary last December. I have been in your position.

My thoughts and prayers for your wife, you, your family and your wife's medical team!

Leo Graywacz
07-13-2013, 1:58 PM
That's really sad. My prayers are out to you.

Mike Henderson
07-13-2013, 2:02 PM
I'm very sorry to hear of your wife's health issue. I hope the docs can find a way to help her.

Mike

ray hampton
07-13-2013, 5:19 PM
Matt , please tell your wife that I will be praying for the family

Matt Marsh
07-13-2013, 5:35 PM
Thank you everyone, your thoughts and prayers mean a lot to me.

Gordon Eyre
07-13-2013, 7:27 PM
So sorry to hear about your wife Matt. The Mayo clinic in Rochester is the right place to be and I wish your wife the very best. My daughter and son-in-law both work there and may well be involved in your wife's diagnosis. Some of the best experts in the world are there and if treatment is possible they will find it.

Jim Matthews
07-14-2013, 6:42 AM
How is her appetite?

I prescribe a pint (or three) of your favorite Ice Cream,
two DVD's and couch for the weekend.

Get a babysitter if you need one.

You might have watch all the "Ryan" movies, after all.
Ryan Gosling/Ryan Reynolds/Jack Ryan...
(The notebook/Definitely Maybe/Hunt for Red October....)

I'm only guessing, but a little normal might be welcome.

Sleep if you can, she'll need you at your best.

Jim
Westport, MA

David C. Roseman
07-14-2013, 7:52 AM
Tough time, Matt. Our thoughts are with your family, and hoping for all the best.

David

Matt Marsh
07-14-2013, 10:58 AM
So sorry to hear about your wife Matt. The Mayo clinic in Rochester is the right place to be and I wish your wife the very best. My daughter and son-in-law both work there and may well be involved in your wife's diagnosis. Some of the best experts in the world are there and if treatment is possible they will find it.
Thanks Gordon! Small world! Her main doctors there are Bobbie Gostout, Gyn. Surgery, and Matthew Block, Oncology.

Matt Marsh
07-14-2013, 11:09 AM
How is her appetite?

I prescribe a pint (or three) of your favorite Ice Cream,
two DVD's and couch for the weekend.

Get a babysitter if you need one.

You might have watch all the "Ryan" movies, after all.
Ryan Gosling/Ryan Reynolds/Jack Ryan...
(The notebook/Definitely Maybe/Hunt for Red October....)

I'm only guessing, but a little normal might be welcome.

Sleep if you can, she'll need you at your best.

Jim
Westport, MA
Thanks Jim! Her appetite is not real good lately, but ice cream is indeed one of the things she's been able to eat. That, and we're juicing organic carrots and apples, lots of high protein drinks. We even started adding some chaga Tea and extract to some of her drinks. Only furry kids here, so their babysitter will be the local kennel for at least a couple weeks. We bought her an iPad when all of this started, and that thing has been awesome for her!

Matt Marsh
07-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Tough time, Matt. Our thoughts are with your family, and hoping for all the best.

Davidthank you David, and thanks again everyone for all of the kind words!

Shawn Pixley
07-14-2013, 11:39 AM
How awful. Our best wishes to you both. The Mayo clinic is well regarded in this area. We will keep you in our thoughts.

glenn bradley
07-14-2013, 1:48 PM
My best thoughts to you and your wife. I will nope for the best.

Bill Cunningham
07-14-2013, 10:25 PM
My wife (and I..we're a team) went through a lot of that 25 years ago. Kidney Cancer first, then fibroids and a hysterectomy, She is now type2 diabetic, with high blood pressure and on a dozen different pills, and insulin shots but she's still here, and I'm forever thankful. I also don't know what I would do without her.. Keep your faith, positive thoughts contribute to positive results.

Lori Kleinberg
07-14-2013, 10:37 PM
My prayers go out to you and yours.

Prashun Patel
07-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Good luck. My heart and thoughts go out to you aand your wife.

Gordon Eyre
07-15-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks Gordon! Small world! Her main doctors there are Bobbie Gostout, Gyn. Surgery, and Matthew Block, Oncology.

My SIL is one of the top radiologists there, Dr. J.G. Fletcher, so who knows he may be reading her scans. My daughter is a nurse in the Oncology department. Again, my best wishes for your wife.

Jim Rimmer
07-15-2013, 1:35 PM
Just said a prayer for you and your wife.

Dennis Peacock
07-15-2013, 4:14 PM
Praying for you and your wife. I truly hate cancer of any type.

Dave Ray
07-15-2013, 8:36 PM
Matt, I will pray for you and your wife. I can imagime the pain your going through. I lost my daughter to cancer

Paul McGaha
07-16-2013, 7:52 AM
Hoping for some good news for you guys.

Brian Michael clancy
07-16-2013, 8:22 AM
Matt, God Bless you and your wife....our prayers are with you.

Dave Sheldrake
07-16-2013, 8:05 PM
May whatever you hold as divine watch over you and yours at this tough time.

Mike Cruz
07-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Matt, I sincerely wish you and your wife the best of luck with this. Not easy on either of you, I know. Try to keep your spirits up and stay hopeful. Positive thoughts are very powerful.

Belinda Barfield
07-28-2013, 5:45 AM
Prayers and best wishes for a complete recovery.

Angie Orfanedes
07-28-2013, 6:02 AM
Matt,

My prayers are with you. May God bless you and your wife to good health.

Angie

BOB OLINGER
07-31-2013, 8:49 AM
Matt,

Our sincere prayers are with you, family, and caretakers.

bob