PDA

View Full Version : Importing dashed lines into Lasercut 5.3?

Dennis Watson
07-12-2013, 4:44 PM
I want to make some cardboard boxes and I was hoping to have dashed lines for bends, but I dont see anyway possible to load a dxf, or plt file and keep the dashed lines, Lasercut just changes them back to solids.

If no one else has the answer I will just create them in Lasercut, slow, but doable.

I would ask over on the zone, but Google has them locked out over some viruses or something, not to mention how slow they have been lately.

Dave Sheldrake
07-13-2013, 6:39 AM
Cut dashed lines or just marked Dennis (low power surface burn)?

If you want to ping over the DXF I can try it on one of my samller Hx (Rabbit) machines to see if it's configuration settings causing it?

dave@opticalpower.co.uk

best wishes

Dave

Dennis Watson
07-14-2013, 6:17 PM
Its just not possible to import dashed lines, so I did what it really takes to get the job done. Draw a bunch of short lines. I sure hope Leetro is working on improvements to LC.

Dave Sheldrake
07-14-2013, 8:34 PM
Its just not possible to import dashed lines, so I did what it really takes to get the job done. Draw a bunch of short lines. I sure hope Leetro is working on improvements to LC.

Ahh as in "AutoCAD" linetype Dennis?

Not surprising, the system AutoDESK use to create them is propriety and unlikely to be handed over to Leetro anytime soon. Much the same as hatch patterns (although they are in essence just text files).

LaserCUT 6.1 is due out September time and apparently is reported to be an improvement (no dongle required) if used with the 6565 controller, remains to be seen though, it's more likely to be a re-hash of the same core.

best wishes

Dave