PDA

View Full Version : Neverwet

Steve Clarkson
07-12-2013, 8:15 AM
I just saw that Home Depot is now carrying the Rustoleum product called "Neverwet" which when sprayed onto almost any surface will completely repel any liquid. You can see a video of it on Home Depot's website. I see a TON of applications for us using this product........especially when it comes to color-filling. Has anyone tried it? Do you think it is safe to laser?

Wes Mitchell
07-12-2013, 9:12 AM
They have a very good video of it on Youtube.

Dave Sheldrake
07-12-2013, 10:39 AM
Hi Steve,

Do you think it is safe to laser?

Ask the manufacturer for the MSDS, that will tell you exactly what's in it and if it can be lasered.

best wishes

Dave

Doug Griffith
07-12-2013, 10:49 AM
I have a bunch of water based spray paint and will give it a try. Could be be very handy.

Joe Hillmann
07-12-2013, 11:39 AM
If you look for test videos of people using it they tend to show that in real world use it doesn't work nearly as good as neverwet shows in there videos. The test videos show that the oils from a persons hands gets on the coating it will stop working. I have never used the product myself so I don't know if it works or not.

Martin Boekers
07-12-2013, 1:07 PM
In my early days I tried many sealers and even Rain X... :) (just hoping) but nothing seemed to work as hoped. Let me know your results here.

Thanks!

George Carlson
07-12-2013, 1:39 PM
I've played around with it a bit. The undercoat seems to be a simple lacquer, which I guess they use as a sealer. The overcoat is the hydrophobic stuff. The resulting coating is rather milky. One thing I found is that the undercoat crazes acrylic. As a paint mask it may be possible to just spray the overcoat. I think it would be fairly easy to clean off a finished surface.