PDA

View Full Version : Air Freshener Update

Martin Boekers
07-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Ok the Air Freshener material came in!

I used Magic Touch CPM 6.4 It worked! Must peel hot, my setting is 15 at 400 degrees.

It seems on one side of the material it has a slight coating for printing (maybe)
So I would transfer to that side. The oils I got, not real happy with, but I am sure
there are many companies out there. These were cheap to try though, $1.50 for an ounce.
They are colored though, and left a mark on the back of the material. Using an atomizer may
make application more consistent than a Q-Tip. :D

You need to apply to the backside as it will 'melt" the toner. Be careful about using too much as
it will soak through to the front side.

All in all I am happy with the results.

The sheets were about $1.50ea (8.5x11) The CPM 6.4 about $.65 a sheet, scented oils ? $.05

So I got roughly 6 Air Fresheners per sheet (depending upon size wanted) that comes to about $.35ea.

Am I going to make a killing and retire on this......very,very doubtful! :) but that being said this is something
I can have fun with use for promotional items. Recently I started doing "dash plates" for car shows these
will fit nicely with that. There are markets for this albeit niche.

Thanks Buzz for the idea!

If anyone cuts them to a size that fits a printer that has a slot for printing CDs I am curious if these or coaster material will work
with them.

Roy Nielsen
07-11-2013, 5:33 PM
Martin,

Thanks for the update. Perhaps they would make good Christmas ornaments?

Roy