PDA

View Full Version : Florida turning wood

Brad Adams
07-10-2013, 8:27 PM
I'm in Florida until Friday. Do any of you Floridians know where I could get some turning wood that I can't get back in Iowa.

Joseph M Lary
07-10-2013, 9:08 PM
There is a place called woodturningblanks4u.com . His place is south of Tampa . I bought $100 worth of NIP form him at the symposium 2 week ago. He had China berry , NIP, Camphor ,Maple , Bay berry and more .

Thom Sturgill
07-11-2013, 7:12 AM
There is a place called woodturningblanks4u.com . His place is south of Tampa . I bought $100 worth of NIP form him at the symposium 2 week ago. He had China berry , NIP, Camphor ,Maple , Bay berry and more .

Unfortunately they are closed, recovering from the symposium, until the 16th according to their website, but try contacting them.

Scot Roberge
07-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Diane and Steve Parker run woodturningblanks4u. I met them earlier this year while in Brandenton. Steve's a nice guy and a real turning enthusiast. Two months ago he visited me and did a Norfolk Pine bowl in my shop. He is very knowlegable about how to get the "star" branch effect in a NP piece. He offered to bring me some wood while he was in Georgia this week, so I had him bring some species I haven't turned before: Hackberry, Monkey Pod, Pecan, Red Elm, Red Gum, Rosewood, and Silk Oak. He also brought Camphor and more Norfolk Pine - both of which I am fast developing a fondness for. The wood was on my porch when I came home today. Beautiful, high quality blanks. His Rosewood and Norfolk Pine are particularly recommended.