PDA

View Full Version : First machine purchase and importing from China

Janis Berzins
07-10-2013, 5:32 PM
Hi,
I've decided to buy my first laser engraving machine from Gweike, model LG900N. What I'm confused about is what spare parts and accessories should I order with it ? Also what other suggestions can you give to someone who is buying their first machine from China ? This summer I plan on going to China and maybe visit their factory. What advice can you give to someone who is visiting factories in China for the first time? Maybe there is something ealse important that I missed ?

Gary Hair
07-10-2013, 5:51 PM
If you look at the first "sticky" thread in this forum you'll have answers to all of your questions.

Lucy Lee
07-10-2013, 9:46 PM
Hi Janis,
Welcome to China,Welcome to our G.WEIKE

Best Regards

Hi,
I've decided to buy my first laser engraving machine from Gweike, model LG900N. What I'm confused about is what spare parts and accessories should I order with it ? Also what other suggestions can you give to someone who is buying their first machine from China ? This summer I plan on going to China and maybe visit their factory. What advice can you give to someone who is visiting factories in China for the first time? Maybe there is something ealse important that I missed ?

Janis Berzins
07-15-2013, 1:50 PM
Hi,
I thought before I make a payment I should ask for your advice.It would be great if someone could correct my mistakes in my order and give some advice on importing from China to Europe. As I understand it is better to choose local shippers to do importing from China. I'm a little scared about making bank transfer to company I don't know, so I was thinking about doing it through PayPal, but Gweike replied that they don't accept PayPal payments. I read somewhere that if company from China is refusing Paypal payments that's a bad sign. I know I probably shouldn't worry about that, beacuse G.weike has very good reputation on this and other forums, but I have bad experience with importing from China that's why I'm so cautious. I asked for 50% prepay and 50% against bill of landing on which they agreed.
This will be my order:
LG900N/60W - 2900 USD
Accessories:
blower-included
air pump-included
honey comb-included
auto up and down platform-included
Rotary-300$
Auto focus-150$
Red dot-100$
Cooling chiller CW5000-400$
USB control system -100$
Air filter 500$ (can't decide if it's necessary)
Spare parts:
Laser tube
Mirrors
Lenses
stepper motor
set of belts
Please add acessories or spare parts you think is important because I'm sure I missed something.

Khalid Nazim
07-16-2013, 9:27 AM
Why would you need Air Filters? Its a large sum at $500.

I found the air assist compressor that came with my machine to be useless and bought a small air brush compressor here in Canada. Similarly the exhaust fan was not useful and I bought a dust collector fan here in Canada which is way better.

Based on my experience as a newbie on the laser, I would suggest the following changes:
-Upgrade to an 80W machine instead of buying filters
-Buy extra lenses, lens holder, extra power supply instead of buying air assist compressor and exhaust fan

Regards
Khalid

George M. Perzel
07-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Janis;
$500 for air filter is crazy-what is it used for? Red dot, auto focus and USB control should be standard.Is blower and air pump 110VAC or chinese 220VAC? Is the tube a RECI? If not, insist on it. Ask for copy of operating and maintenance manuals via download before you buy-review them prior to committing. What is the operating software? version? Is delivery to your address included? If not get prior written, signed committment/quote before committing.
Good Luck
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Dave Sheldrake
07-16-2013, 2:39 PM
If your extracting inside the work area a filter unit is essential.

If the fumes are going out of a window via a pipe then it may not be a problem depending on location (and geographical country) (if you plan on using it in a builtup residential area you will run into problems) (if you plan on running it in an industrial estate then you will likely be ok)

HSE have a habit of shutting people down in my country for pumping pollution out of their workplaces.(Clean Air Act 2001)

best wishes

Dave