PDA

View Full Version : So i got me a Shenui to see what all the fuss is about

matthew knott
07-10-2013, 5:26 PM
Big wooden box arrived and inside was the new shiny laser! They really need to learn to back the laser tubes better, one ok one broken, but they say they will replace it and we dont need it yet. First impressions not great with build quality but for what you pay the odd blemish in paint and ding i can live with. Results so far are good, I already like it more than my epilog EXT36 thats sits broken in the corner. Now to read all the threads and get some tips on using it. All in all im quite happy with it, and its already earning me money even though its main use is for internal use cutting jigs for our yag and fibre lasers.

Khalid Nazim
07-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Congratulations. Let us know how you feel about the workflow on Shenhui compared to the other lasers that you have.

Regards
Khalid

matthew knott
07-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Loving it so far, very easy to use, much much much prefer the software as appose to a print driver and corel! All in all extremley happy with it for the first few days, cut some 1 meter hight leters for the local sign company, I told them it cost £30'000 ($50'000) and they thought that was pretty good value, then told them to divide that by 10 to get the real price, they still think im winding them up.
As a tool it just works, not as well built as the epilog but the bits that mater are fine.

John Bion
07-11-2013, 1:09 PM
Congrats Matthew,
Hope it continues as well as it has started out.
does it use Lasercut 5.3?
Regards John (in North Yorks)

Frank barry
07-11-2013, 2:21 PM
Hi Matthew, good luck with it here in the UK are you ?

matthew knott
07-11-2013, 3:01 PM
Its using LaserWork V6, well thats what came with it anyway. I rushed the alignment a bit and im not getting a parallel cut so need to tweak the cutting head a bit. Ive cut a batch of jigs for my other laser engravers, soooo handy!!
We are based in Shefford, Bedfordshire
Thanks