PDA

View Full Version : Dehumidifier

Joel Goodman
07-09-2013, 3:48 PM
I have a dehumidifier in a basement in a vacation house. It keeps the basement from getting too humid which keeps the house dry, particularly when it's not in use. My problem is this. On occasion the power goes out in my area -- sometimes just a flicker -- and my dehumidifier reverts to "off". The old one I had for many years didn't have buttons and electronic controls and would start itself up after an outage -- not so with the newer one (a Kenmore). Anyone know of a dehumidifier that will start right up by itself after a power loss.

Prashun Patel
07-09-2013, 4:03 PM
Get a battery backup for the DH. They're not that expensive. This will only work if the outage is relatively short; I imagine the DH will drain a relatively cheap battery pretty quickly. My area gets lots of blips during the summer, and battery backups are the only thing that save our computers.

Charlie Velasquez
07-09-2013, 5:00 PM
. . . . . Anyone know of a dehumidifier that will start right up by itself after a power loss.

Frigidare, Kenmore, Danby, Haier, ...

Not sure of your needs.
A search of "dehumidifier auto restart" will turn up a number of them. Our school district has about 20 of the West Pointe with no issues, but we also have some Haier that have been going strong for about 6 years.

Joel Goodman
07-10-2013, 5:27 PM
Frigidare, Kenmore, Danby, Haier, ...

Not sure of your needs.
A search of "dehumidifier auto restart" will turn up a number of them. Our school district has about 20 of the West Pointe with no issues, but we also have some Haier that have been going strong for about 6 years.

Thank you! Auto restart is exactly the feature I need.