PDA

View Full Version : Curt Fuller gets the WoW Cover Honor

David DeCristoforo
07-08-2013, 9:15 PM
Curt's "Two Cottonwood Jars" post was selected for the WoW cover today. I knew the instant I saw the image that it would find it's way onto the cover. There are many who are members of both SMC and WoW. So you know that there is pretty stiff competition for the cover since most of the "well known turners" are posting on WoW. But the cover team knows a winner when they see one.

Roger Chandler
07-08-2013, 9:26 PM
A hearty congratulations to Curt.........those were highly figured pieces of cottonwood, and Curt brought out the best in them with his lathe magic.........wonderful stuff!

Baxter Smith
07-08-2013, 9:44 PM
Congrats Curt! Great looking pieces and to me there is nothing better than something that combines both beauty and practicality(at least potentially:))!

Steve Mawson
07-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Way to go Curt, you are the man. Nebraska is covered with Cottonwood-state tree I believe but I have not seen that nice of wood anywhere. You made a super piece-twin sort of.:cool:

John Keeton
07-09-2013, 5:47 AM
Congrats, Curt!! Your skill level far exceeds your modest comments about your abilities, but it obvious others recognize your talent.

Michelle Rich
07-09-2013, 6:25 AM
not surprising they are the cover..2 very pleasing pieces

Steve Schlumpf
07-09-2013, 7:31 AM
Congrats Curt! Very happy to see you get the recognition!! Well deserved!

Alan Trout
07-09-2013, 8:52 AM
Cool Deal and deserving.

charlie knighton
07-09-2013, 8:58 PM
congratulations Curt, well deserved

Ken Fitzgerald
07-09-2013, 9:10 PM
Very nice forms and gorgeous wood Curt! Nicely done Sir!

Curt Fuller
07-09-2013, 9:47 PM
Thanks David and all the rest of you guys!

Curt's "Two Cottonwood Jars" post was selected for the WoW cover today. I knew the instant I saw the image that it would find it's way onto the cover. There are many who are members of both SMC and WoW. So you know that there is pretty stiff competition for the cover since most of the "well known turners" are posting on WoW. But the cover team knows a winner when they see one.
Probably the thing that makes it seem like there is so much great work on WOW is that most of the posting on WOW is of pictures rather than the general woodturning questions and discussions that are mixed in with things here on SMC. They do have some interesting discussions over there too. But not as much "how to" or "how come" things like you get here. But David, you need to drag yourself out to one of the symposiums if you can some day. You'll find that there are way more "well known turners" that never post work online. In fact I would say that the work you see online is only the tip of the tip of the iceberg. I've never actually attended a symposium but have spent most of a day on two occasions walking through the instant gallery at the Utah Symposium. It's one thing to see the pictures, but just an overwhelming experience to see the gallery in person.
But thanks for the post and recognizing my 15 minutes of fame!;)

Kathy Marshall
07-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Congrats Curt! Well deserved for those 2 very nice pieces!

Faust M. Ruggiero
07-10-2013, 6:43 AM
I really enjoy seeing a Creeker get the WOW cover. Good for you, Curt.
faust