PDA

View Full Version : Lock Miter shaper cutter....Infinity?

Greg Urwiller
07-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Bill Huber's post on the Infinity Miter Master came at an opportune time. I'm ready to try making some legs for a Morris chair project so today I was looking for a Lock Miter shaper cutter. I found an Amana cutter on Toolstoday.com for $120-10% bringing it down to $108. Pretty good price compared to some I'd found. And, Amana should be good (right?). Then I saw Bills post. OK, looks like I'd better have the Miter Master LOL! But, what about Infinity cutters? Only found old posts on bits/cutters when I searched and few at that. Their Lock Miter is only $70. Are the Infinity cutters good to go? For about the same money I can have the Lock Miter cutter and the Miter Master as the Amana cutter. Thanks. Greg

Mel Fulks
07-07-2013, 10:48 PM
I've used several brands of lock mitre shaper cutters ,all performed ok. Even the small diameter 3/4 inch arbor models IF you run them at 10,000 rpm. For plywood or mdf the insert tooling is a must.

J. Greg Jones
07-08-2013, 5:25 AM
I have the lock miter cutter and a couple of other shaper cutters from Infinity in 3/4" bore and I am very pleased with their quality.

Peter Quinn
07-08-2013, 10:06 AM
I have a few door sets and rabbit cutter, all are excellent. They have a large diameter for 3/4" bore, thick very sharp carbide, perfectly matched. I have not used the lock miter, but the quality of what I have used has always pleased me, and the prices are very inexpensive considering the quality. Wish they made more 1 1/4" bore as that's mostly what I use now.

lowell holmes
07-08-2013, 5:36 PM
+1 for Infinity shaper cutters.

I have a 1/2" carbide upcut router bit that has a 2" cutting length that is a good one. I needed one for the loose tenons I used in an entrance door I made.
The bit is from Infinity.