PDA

View Full Version : Installing Lasercut 5.3 on a new laptop

Neville Stewart
07-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Hello All, long time since Ive been on. I have searched without getting a definitive & successful answer but Ive installed Lasercut 5.3 that i got as a DL from Weike - Emily ( TY Emily ) Im getting a firmware error and the file will not download after I compute it. Everything runs fine on a very old xp laptop but I'd like to replace that with a newer Vista machine - Is there a simple way to achieve this? When I installed LC 5.3 it was a Chinese window UI so Id no idea what I was doing other than hitting what I thought was the Yes window - TIA Dubliner

Neville Stewart
07-09-2013, 8:05 AM
not even a suggestion...

Mike Null
07-09-2013, 8:09 AM
Neville

Forgive this answer but I suggest you do what I did with my Vista laptop. Throw it in the trash!

Talley Boatwright
07-09-2013, 8:38 AM
Neville

Forgive this answer but I suggest you do what I did with my Vista laptop. Throw it in the trash!

Vista is no doubt the worse OS. Convert it over to Windows 7 for a smoother run. My Gateway laptop was Vista, the first to be exact...now with Windows 7 Ultimate, 4 gigs of RAM, and 500GB 7200rpm HDD, still kicking. Vista blocks a lot of programs from installing correctly.

Neville Stewart
07-09-2013, 9:35 AM
That's hilarious and sadly true Mike and Tally, thanks for responding. N

Jerome Stanek
07-09-2013, 9:50 AM
With Vista I would go either back or forward XP or Windows 7 I tried windows 8 and didn't like it.