PDA

View Full Version : thought I would broaden my horizons for woodworking forums

Brian Ashton
07-07-2013, 4:44 AM
Any other places you haunt from around the world you would like to put out there?

Jim Koepke
07-07-2013, 3:11 PM
Not sure if TOS allows the posting of other sites, but ones I visit occasionally are:

woodworkforums (in Australia)

wkfinetools

You likely know where to place the w's dots and com.

If you read a few of the blogs at PopWW or other sites there are often links to other blogs and forums.

Frederick Skelly
07-07-2013, 7:52 PM
I occasionally visit wood.net, wood magazine and lumberjocks. Each has a different flavor. The magazine site is pretty conservative, though they have a VERY opinionated moderator on one forum. The other two - especially "the jocks" are more "wild west", in that they are less moderated and folks can get pretty vocal. I still prefer SMC, overall.
Fred

Larry Frank
07-07-2013, 9:05 PM
I visit a couple of the others but prefer Sawmillcreek by a wide margin. Lumberjocks suddenly calmed down a few months ago and really clamped down on some of the off topic stuff.

As one who uses a scroll saw a lot, I visit the scrollsawer one for that information.

Sam Murdoch
07-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Gary Katz's This is Carpentry is not so much a forum as an interactive magazine. Very well worth a look. Lots of great current and archived articles from those who know how to do what they do and are happy to share and good at detailing the process by way of woodworking and carpentry.

Frank Trinkle
07-08-2013, 12:37 AM
As someone earlier said, Lumberjocks is pretty much a free-for-all, but some good reviews and a number of blogs. Not as well organized as SMC.
I also spend a lot of time on festoolownersgroup-dot-com , having been a 2013 convert to the Green Koolaid! Mostly about their tools, but other info as well.