PDA

View Full Version : Awfs 2013

Mark Maslonkowski
07-06-2013, 12:43 AM
Ok,ok I know from reading several of the very old nothing real recent that AWFS is kinda geared toward the big industrial wood workers. None the less I am headed to Vegas for AWFS in a couple of weeks outside of what I already stated what can people tell me about AWFS's?

Thanks
Mark

John A langley
07-06-2013, 1:47 AM
It's fun, I'm going to I hope

Charles B Wilson
07-06-2013, 9:29 AM
In addition to all the exhibitors there is the -"Fresh Wood Display" and the "2013 WorldSkills Cabinetmaking Qualifying Trial ". On a lighter side there is the belt sander races, and don't forget to go to the AWFS Fair website for the list of seminars still available.

CW

Erik Loza
07-06-2013, 9:57 AM
It's definitely worth going, regardless of whether you are a pro or hobby woodworker. Only the IWF Atlanta show is bigger.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Rick Fisher
07-07-2013, 3:30 AM
I am going.. Its a fun show.. You will see stuff that makes you stand back and think.. Hmm.. And see really neat smaller stuff too..

I was in Atlanta when SCM didn't attend and had an open house instead.. The open house was neat.. out in the country ..

If you can make it .. go .. its worth seeing ..

guy knight
07-07-2013, 9:46 PM
i am heading there 4 nights 5 days should be fun

Tom Walz
07-08-2013, 1:36 PM
Go

Sure there are big guys but individuals are always welcome. Big guys meet with each other by appointment.

Lots of booths selling tools. Great Demos. Lots of machines running.

If you have a question about your Byrd Head - you may be able to ask Mr. Byrd. I actually met him in Atlanta. Very nice man. Kind of humble and embarassed by praise.

Because it is a smaller show than Atlanta you have more opportunity to ask questions.

We will be there Thursday - Saturday.

Tom

Jeff Monson
07-08-2013, 1:40 PM
Lots of fun Mark, wish I was going again this year. Lots to see both for every level of woodworker.

Dave Cav
07-08-2013, 4:07 PM
I'll be there Wed through Sat; I already have several workshops scheduled. Really looking forward to it.

Andrew Petralia
07-08-2013, 6:34 PM
I'm planning on going for at least one of the days. Looking forward to some eye-opening exhibits.