PDA

View Full Version : take a look at

John Powers
07-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Craigslist, Vancouver tools., vintage woodsmens tools. my son and is wife live there and I'm checking for a circular saw. what would that hatchet and ax go for on eBay or here? I was out there last week and if that listing had been up the hatchet would have come to new jersey ......not in my carryon luggage.

Jim Koepke
07-04-2013, 1:56 PM
Couldn't find it.

Do you have the posting ID #?

jtk

John Powers
07-04-2013, 3:55 PM
Jim, try 3913140765 (tel:3913140765), VINTAGE WOODMANS TOOLS, $60.00. Vancouver. posted today. is it a oops....long drive for a big bargain for you?

Jim Koepke
07-04-2013, 4:32 PM
It may be gone already.

The link didn't work nor did searching locate it.

Vancouver isn't that far away for a good enough deal. It is less than 50 miles.

jtk

Jessica Pierce-LaRose
07-04-2013, 7:33 PM
Looks like a nice hatchet to me, but I don't know much about that stuff, but I'd jump on it at that price.

The "link" is the forum trying to be smart thinking that's a telephone number. If you go to the Vancouver CL (vancouver.craigslist.ca) and copy and paste that number into the search bar, it should come up. I'll PM you a direct link, Jim, just in case I'm seeing something you're not.

Mel Miller
07-04-2013, 10:40 PM
It's Vancouver, Canada - that's the problem. Certainly not a good enough deal to drive that far for.

Rick Fisher
07-05-2013, 12:37 AM
Whats wrong with Vancouver Canada ?

:)

paul cottingham
07-05-2013, 12:43 AM

:)
It's not Victoria, for one thing!

Rick Fisher
07-05-2013, 1:03 AM
Well.. yeah.. there is that..

I grew up in Victoria, its better than Vancouver.

paul cottingham
07-05-2013, 1:10 AM
Well.. yeah.. there is that..

I grew up in Victoria, its better than Vancouver.
It is a kind of low bar!

Steve Meliza
07-05-2013, 8:22 AM
The problem with Vancouver, BC, Canada is that it is a much longer drive than Vancouver, Washington, USA for those of us assuming the OP was referring to the later.

paul cottingham
07-05-2013, 10:25 AM
The bigger issue is the border crossing. The lineups can be be very long.

Jim Koepke
07-05-2013, 11:04 AM

It is about a 300 mile drive as opposed to a 40 mile drive to Vancouver, WA for me.

I think the bridge on I-5 that was taken out by a truck might be back in service.

That is likely why it didn't show for me, my Craigslist book mark automatically picks up Vancouver, WA. Didn't realize it was Vancouver, BC.

I could just see the problem at the border, "your purpose for visiting Canada." "I want to get a hatchet."

jtk

John Powers
07-05-2013, 2:14 PM
my bad. if your from new jersey you think vancouver is Canada which is where the tools were. their prices look,uniformly lower than Craigslist in these parts.

Dave Beauchesne
07-05-2013, 2:35 PM
Gentlemen:

I had seen the hatchet on CL and picked it up this morning - definitely hand forged, and lefty to boot! The guy had the edge ground, but it has nice patina on the rest of the head: handle not original. The broadwing (?) was gone.
I have a real nice PLUMB ( similar design ) my grandfather gave me, but righty. Since I am a lefty, I bought it as I want to use it once in a while.

FYI, not worth a drive from our southern neighbours.

Jim Koepke
07-05-2013, 3:12 PM
my bad. if your from new jersey you think vancouver is Canada which is where the tools were. their prices look,uniformly lower than Craigslist in these parts.

Yeah, not as many collectors out here that want one of everything.

jtk