PDA

View Full Version : Super Nova 2

JoAnn Duggan
07-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Woodcraft has the Super Nova 2 boxed set on sale for $199 in a special carrying case and including the 50mm and 100 mm jaws. It is a great deal for anyone in the market for a good chuck.

Thom Sturgill
07-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Maybe, if you need/want the case, or if there is a Woodcraft local to you so there is no shipping cost. Definitely better than their normal price, though.

A rebuilt SN2 is $109 at teknatool (Nova), the spanner $20, and the 4" jaws $55 for a total of $184. In either case you need to add the spindle adapter which is about $20.

Harry Robinette
07-04-2013, 7:28 PM
I don't think the case will be used much unless you have a couple chucks.The buy on the SN2 with 50mm and 100mm seams to be an alright deal. I like to buy from hard base store even if there a little more.

Eric Gourieux
07-06-2013, 9:43 AM
Do they sell the rebuilt SN2 on the Teknatool site anymore? The last time I checked, it said, "see resellers" or something like that.

Thom Sturgill
07-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Do they sell the rebuilt SN2 on the Teknatool site anymore? The last time I checked, it said, "see resellers" or something like that.

If you pick 'SuperNova2' you will get that message, but click on 'Reconditioned Products' and you will see it listed. It is also listed separately on the 'Woodturning chucks' page. Current price is $109 and it is 'in stock' I just purchased one - $135.04 with USPS Priority mail shipping. I will probably be selling a G3 and will use it's 1 1/4" adapter (I also have a 1" adapter for it for my small lathe). thought I would pick up one more before they revise the line with the removable jaws as I can not see replacing them.

Robert Henrickson
07-06-2013, 2:33 PM
The reconditioned Supernovas go in and out of stock -- a day or two ago they were listed as "see dealers" instead of available -- I was looking. The shipping is certainly expensive.

Eric Gourieux
07-07-2013, 12:58 AM
Thanks, Thom.

Michael Mills
07-07-2013, 9:14 AM
Sounds like an OK deal but not a great deal. I can’t imagine anyone paying $300 for an SN2 and 100mm jaws. Lots of retail store markup prices well above regular retail to make it look like a wonderful deal when they put it on sale at near the normal price.
I would also go with the 100mm PowerGrips rather than the standard 100mm Bowl jaws in the event you wanted to do some hollowing.
If you forgo the refurbished for some reason, the SN2 and PW are available on Amazon for $211 including shipping and taxes.
Or you could go with the refrub from the service center and get PG’s and Pin jaws from Amazon for about the same price.
You will also be assured of getting a real Nova insert from the service center or Amazon.

Adrian Anguiano
07-09-2013, 4:06 PM
This deal is just okay. about 4 months back I got the Supernova 2 package deal from woodcraft and it came with SN2 Chuck with the following jaws 50mm, 35mm, and 75mm plus the wormscrew for $200.

Check your local woodcraft, if they have extras from previous package deals you may find a combo that better suits you. The package I got wasnt what was currently offered, but they didnt care.. .same sku number

James Combs
07-09-2013, 6:11 PM
If you pick 'SuperNova2' you will get that message, but click on 'Reconditioned Products' and you will see it listed. It is also listed separately on the 'Woodturning chucks' page. Current price is $109 and it is 'in stock' I just purchased one - $135.04 with USPS Priority mail shipping. I will probably be selling a G3 and will use it's 1 1/4" adapter (I also have a 1" adapter for it for my small lathe). thought I would pick up one more before they revise the line with the removable jaws as I can not see replacing them.
Thom if you are serious about selling the G3 and it's it good shape drop me a PM, with the price and include the 1" adapter if possible. I might consider buying it.

Mike Goetzke
07-09-2013, 10:05 PM
I bought one of the SN2 recons and it looks brand new plus it comes with a center screw and 50mm jaws. I also purchased the Delta 1-8 adapter. I ended up going another rout and never even used the SN2 so anyone is interested in this chuck let me know by PM.

Mike