PDA

View Full Version : LED inspection light for hollow forms

David C. Roseman
07-03-2013, 10:43 PM
I stopped by Harbor Freight yesterday and discovered some flexible-neck LED inspection lights, two in a set, that I’ve not seen there before. One of the lights is 22” long and uses AA batteries. The second is 8” and uses button batteries. Don’t know if they’re a new item, but they are well made, and should be good for tight places, including inside hollow forms. Item is no. 95414. The description on the HF website isn’t quite right, as it doesn’t mention the button batteries in the second light, and 22" and 8" are the lengths overall, not just of the flexible necks. Here’s the link for anyone who’s interested:

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-flexible-shaft-led-light-95414.html

David

Dale Gillaspy
07-03-2013, 10:45 PM
I just paid $15 for the same set somewhere else. go figure.

john taliaferro
07-04-2013, 9:52 AM
I was given one for the grill and didn't use it , its been taped to a large boring bar and works great for two years now .

Harvey M. Taylor
07-04-2013, 5:46 PM
Been there, bought that. Thanks a bunch for clueing me it on that, Max

Harry Robinette
07-04-2013, 7:10 PM
John T
I'm like you, have mine tape to my home made boring system.The long one is really nice the little one is better for a close look inside.

Greg Just
07-04-2013, 11:55 PM
I got 2 lights at IKEA for $9.99 each. Works great and it is not battery operated but plugs in the wall. No worry about batteries running out.

David C. Roseman
07-05-2013, 5:34 PM
I got 2 lights at IKEA for $9.99 each. Works great and it is not battery operated but plugs in the wall. No worry about batteries running out.

Yes, if those are the IKEA lights I'm thinking of, they are terrific for task lighting at the lathe while actually turning. Especially if the original base is replaced by one made from a modified magnet so it can be repositioned on the ways or headstock. The little LED lights in my original post are much smaller, and only for inspection in tight places, not general task lighting. They'll fit where the IKEA lights won't.

David