PDA

View Full Version : upcoming trip to provo

allen thunem
07-03-2013, 2:42 PM
am on my way to provo sunday for a class at csusa with glen lucas.
would like to take my truck to bring some wood home in. can any of you locals offer some recommendations on some wood lots??
or any place else one could find some good free wood?? would like to bring some box elder home if at all possible
or even meet some local smc members and compare notes and place some faces to names??

charlie knighton
07-03-2013, 5:58 PM
at craft supplies there are at least 10 pallets of wood outside, mostly likely more, there are several trees also in lot, lots for burning wood are generally cheaper, but not organized

Curt Fuller
07-03-2013, 9:45 PM
Like Charlie said, Craftsupplies has a lot of wood on hand. Some cheap, some not so cheap. MacBeath Hardwoods in Salt Lake City, approx 1700 S 300 W west side of street kind of back behind some other businesses, has an abundance and huge variety of wood, but seldom cheap unless that have a bin of something on sale. There's also a Woodcraft in Draper, about 10000 S Draper Parkway, but wood is seldom cheap there. As for wood lots, most larger cities and counties have a green waste facility that takes trees from their residents. But they've tightened up their rules for letting people take wood out lately, probably a liability issue. I happen to be good friends with the guy that runs our local wood dump here in North Ogden and he kind of turns his head as I drive out with wood. Here in Utah we don't have a big variety of trees except for those planted in yards so don't expect to find much of a variety.

allen thunem
07-03-2013, 10:03 PM
curt
thanks
really all i am looking for is some box elder.
not much of it around here

Mike Cruz
07-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Allen, meeting up with Creekers sounds like a great idea. Maybe you'll find one with a PM90... :rolleyes: Hey, enjoy the trip and the stay. Get lots of free wood, and smile big the whole way home.;)