PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the specs on this bandsaw?

Jeff Monson
07-03-2013, 1:57 PM
Coming up at a local auction. I'm not sure on what the model # is, and the specs. Appears to me the guides are missing also.

David Kumm
07-03-2013, 3:02 PM
It looks like late 90s early 2000s maybe ACM but more likely Meber sourced. Not a resaw machine but a good solid medium duty saw. I'd use it with smaller blades. I'm really guessing but

1.5-2 hp motor, 12" of resaw. The original guides were nothing to brag about so replacement would likely be necessary anyway. Dave

I think it may be a 2.5 hp motor. Edit

Erik Loza
07-03-2013, 4:45 PM
It's a Meber.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Gus Dundon
07-03-2013, 5:00 PM
It looks like the Laguna LT16" SEC saw. The saw was made in a Meber Factory in Italy way back 2002. It will accept 1/8" to 1 inch blade and it has 2 1/1 hp motor.

Jeff Monson
07-03-2013, 6:14 PM
Thanks guys, I'm going to inspect it on Monday, will see what condition its in and go from there.

Erik Loza
07-04-2013, 10:30 AM
We sold that machine for a period of time as the re-badged "S16". Nice machine for the price point, my owners were happy with it. The weak point, IMO, was the fence system. It was comprised of an L-shaped guide bar that was just stamped steel. It had one fixed attachment point to the cast iron table and pivoted on that point for drift adjustment (unlike our Centauro saws, which have the ability to adjust for drift on the fence, itself...). This meant that you also had remove the fence and swing the whole guide bar out of the way whenever you did a blade change and of coure, then re-set the fence for drift. If someone gve me a Meber 400, I would probably replace the fence with an aftermarket one and just put some Carter guides on it. Otherwise, a very high quality saw. The tires are actually the quick-change tongue-and-groove ones like the Centauro's and the motor (at least our motor...) was a 60Hz CEG unit, plenty powerful for 12" resaw.

How much is it selling for, Jeff?

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Jeff Monson
07-04-2013, 11:56 PM
We sold that machine for a period of time as the re-badged "S16". Nice machine for the price point, my owners were happy with it. The weak point, IMO, was the fence system. It was comprised of an L-shaped guide bar that was just stamped steel. It had one fixed attachment point to the cast iron table and pivoted on that point for drift adjustment (unlike our Centauro saws, which have the ability to adjust for drift on the fence, itself...). This meant that you also had remove the fence and swing the whole guide bar out of the way whenever you did a blade change and of coure, then re-set the fence for drift. If someone gve me a Meber 400, I would probably replace the fence with an aftermarket one and just put some Carter guides on it. Otherwise, a very high quality saw. The tires are actually the quick-change tongue-and-groove ones like the Centauro's and the motor (at least our motor...) was a 60Hz CEG unit, plenty powerful for 12" resaw.

How much is it selling for, Jeff?

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

EIic, it's an upcoming auction what would you Value It At ?

David Kumm
07-05-2013, 12:04 AM
Jeff, I just sold a Laguna ACM LT 18 for 1000 and there was a Meber 16" Laguna in Canada for $500 recently so I would be somewhere between the two. Dave

Erik Loza
07-05-2013, 10:23 AM
It's hard for me to value used machinery because one man's gem is another junk but I agree with Dave on this and would say closer to $500 than to $1K. Just my opinion. Good luck if you decide to bid on it. To me, this would be a really ideal machine to just stick a 1/2" blade and leave at that.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Jeff Monson
07-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Jeff, I just sold a Laguna ACM LT 18 for 1000 and there was a Meber 16" Laguna in Canada for $500 recently so I would be somewhere between the two. Dave

It's hard for me to value used machinery because one man's gem is another junk but I agree with Dave on this and would say closer to $500 than to $1K. Just my opinion. Good luck if you decide to bid on it. To me, this would be a really ideal machine to just stick a 1/2" blade and leave at that.

Erik Loza
Minimax USA

Well you 2 know your machinery and the value, I put in a max bid of 660.00 (which was a little high IMO) and the saw sold for $675.00 + a 10% buyer fee, so I will keep looking. I should just bite the bullet and buy new :o