PDA

View Full Version : New laser owner with a Lasercut/CorelDrawX3 problem

Barry Rimmer
07-03-2013, 7:28 AM
Hi, I just setup my Legacy Laser 800 a few days ago, and have cut out a simple shape using LaserCut. When I try to do the same in CorelDrawX3, I can draw the shape, and I see the toolbar for the laser up at the top. However, when I push any of the buttons (say to send it to the laser), it depresses, but nothing happens, and when I move off it stops showing depressed. I can print my file from Corel to an open copy of LaserCut and that works OK. Any help would be appreciated. Barry P.S. How do you go to a new line to make a new paragraph in this post? I couldn't do it, sorry it is all run together.

Vicki Rivrud
07-03-2013, 8:16 AM
This is a known problem with the Corel output in Lasercut. Unfortunately sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Leetro sez to try and re-install the software again . . . . however IMHO it is faulty at best.

Vicki

Barry Rimmer
07-04-2013, 6:02 AM
Thanks for your reply. I deleted the directory for Laserworks (the installer might have worked for the uninstall, but again the menu’s were in Chinese, and the software doesn’t put anything in the list of installed programs.

I restarted the PC after the delete to make sure Corel isn’t running, and re-installed LaserCut. Doesn’t work just like before, and I can cut on the laser with LaserCut but nothing happens when I push the buttons to download to the machine. I printed the file to LaserCut (shows up as a printer), and can see it in LaserCut, so I have a work around, this is just annoying. Legacy Laser sent me an older version of LaserCut to try and I will do that today.

I am using an up-to-date version of XP out in the shop.