PDA

View Full Version : Table or stand for Mini 24

Larissa Cartier
07-01-2013, 5:54 PM
Hello everyone,

Im finally getting my Epilog Mini 24, and I'm writing to see if anyone has any suggestions on a table or stand. I dont want to get the stand from Epilog. I'm looking for something low standing and sturdy that wont move to much when the laser is running. So far, McMaster Carr looks like they have the best options. Was just curious if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks

Greg Bednar
07-01-2013, 7:43 PM
Just an FYI - when I purchased my Epilog, the distributor "included" the stand in the price of the machine, and the price of the machine at the time was cheaper than most I had seed advertised. So try to negotiate a little bit.

Anthony Scira
07-01-2013, 8:36 PM
I got a free rotary attachment. Make sure you do the dealing before you sign that contract obviously ;)

Howard Garner
07-01-2013, 9:03 PM
Check around for an old printer stand. The type that held the large dot matrix printers.

Howard Garner
VersaLasers VL300 and VL3.5 both 30 watt

Larissa Cartier
07-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Thank you for the responses. I will look into the printer stand, I negotiated for other items, that I really wanted more than the stand itself. In the end I'm happy with what I'll be getting. I appreciate everyone's input and recommendations. I'm very excited and so happy I found SawMill Creek!

Tim Bateson
07-02-2013, 9:55 AM
Careful on the stand. It has to be VERY sturdy or it will wable as the laser moves back & forth, causing items in the laser to vibrate & move - that's not good. Untill my new shop is ready, I'm using an old steel desk. Not the brown aluminum one, but one from the 30's or 40's. Built like a tank & weighs about the same.

Keith Outten
07-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Larissa,

You might find a good deal on a nice heavy duty stand at Grizzly Industrial or one of the other tool companies. They often offer heavy duty stands for the machines they sell, some are for metal working machines that require stands that are pretty hefty due to the weights involved.

You could also place a Classified Ad here in our Classifieds Forum, often woodworkers replace the stands that come with the machines they purchase. In the past I have given away several stands that I replaced with welded steel stands that I make for my machines.

Doug Griffith
07-02-2013, 12:11 PM
I've got my Mini placed on top of 2 metal flat file cabinets. It's the perfect width and height and the flat storage has been a must-have. A little pricey but well worth it.

Larissa Cartier
07-03-2013, 9:16 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback :)

brian fithian
07-06-2013, 11:48 AM
I built mine and included storage for sheet material under neath it. Hs worked out very well with the limited shop space i have

Jesse Anderson
07-06-2013, 1:22 PM
I have my laser on a dolly cart. I keep it on there so i can move it to a on site job quickly.... Pretty sure u can figure something out.. I have had my laser on the floor, Sitting on a counter, On a bed frame, On a cart, Have used it in the back of my cargo van, Set it up on a set of folding tables at a flee market. Have set it up on a pew in a church.

Just make sure that you have plenty of space around the laser for air circulation. And also make sure that your laser is never used as a coaster for beers when u have your friends over...

Usually when i have my machine powered off i throw a large beach towel over it, Then a nice small water proof tarp.... I am always paranoid about getting dust and or water on the thing... Even though i have no leaks in my ceiling... It makes me sleep better at night..

Craig Matheny
07-07-2013, 12:54 AM
I just made my stand at the store and then stored my epilog stand for future use if need be.