PDA

View Full Version : Largest Wildfire Firefighter Tragedy Ever in Arizona

Kathy Marshall
07-01-2013, 12:20 AM
19 Firefighters from the Prescott Hot Shot Wildfire Crew died today fighting a wildfire in Yarnell, AZ. The crew was working the backside of the fire when the wind reversed direction and surrounded them before rescuers could get to them. The fire also took half of the town of Yarnell, destroying 250 homes and businesses.
Yarnell is about 25 miles from Wickenburg and about 50 miles from my house. When I went outside this evening, the smell of smoke was very strong.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizona/articles/20130630crews-fighting-small-fires-around-Arizona.html

Such a horrible tragedy, my thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the firefighters and to the people of Yarnell.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-01-2013, 12:51 AM
I hold no person higher than those who daily put their lives on the line for the rest of us.

My sincere condolences and prayers for those fire fighers and their families.

Words are always so inadequate.

Brian Kent
07-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Kathy, thank you for letting us know about this. Prayers for all of the families of the firefighters, for the rest of those battling the fire in intense heat, and for those who lost their homes.

Joe Kieve
07-01-2013, 8:28 AM
Our hearts and prayers go out to the families of those who lost loved ones during this trajedy. Continue to pray for those still battling this fire and that they will get it contained soon.

ray hampton
07-01-2013, 7:17 PM
thank you so much Kathy for this new update

Dave Ray
07-01-2013, 8:17 PM
May God bless them and their families, they are true heroes

Don Morris
07-01-2013, 11:44 PM
Those who risk their live for us are special. God Bless 'em.

Chris Parks
07-02-2013, 6:21 AM
Bush Fires in Australia are fairly common and I have been in the middle of a few and had one literally go right over me. People who knowingly put their lives on the line and do not seek anything more than to return to their loved ones have my admiration in spades. Don't forget those that had to deal with the aftermath, they most probably knew these men, it will affect them for the rest of their lives.

Keith Westfall
07-02-2013, 9:49 PM
After 35 years as a helicopter pilot in Canada, we flew with many fire crews throughout the summers. This is a tragedy beyond words, and my thoughts and prayers are with the families that have lost love ones.

The job they do is amazing, and their dedication to the job is the same. But when Mother Nature turns on crews it breaks the heart and soul of all of us.

God Bless each and everyone, and their families.

Keith