PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic 64A Blade run-out tolerance

tim walker
06-30-2013, 8:59 PM
I moved my Powermatic 64A around when installing a new extension and got my trunnion out of alignment. As you know, on the 64A Contractors saw, you have to loosen the trunnion form underneath and align it that way. I was wondering a) Do you all have any tips for alignment of such a saw, and b) what would be an acceptable run-out tolerance. Currently at .010" but not sure if that is good enough? Also, I remember the last time (several years ago) that I aligned it, as I was tightening the nuts it would seem to move beyond the tolerance I had set. Any ideas or suggestions there. About ready to throw in the towel on this one and I have my eyes set on a 36" PCS SawStop. Anybody want to buy a Powermatic 64A really cheap in the Houston, TX area?'

Tim in Spring TX

Bob Wingard
07-01-2013, 8:46 AM
Buy (or make) a set of PALS ... they will help immensely.

scott spencer
07-01-2013, 10:03 AM
0.01" is quite a bit. I'd aim for between 0.000" and +0.003" (a negative gap causes pinching, so don't error in that direction if you can help it). PALS are $20 well spent. If you can't get it to that tolerance, I'd suggest getting as close to parallel as possible, then tweak the fence closer to 0.

Mike Hollingsworth
07-01-2013, 10:38 AM
you'll love that PCS