PDA

View Full Version : Sliding the Grizzly 690 rail angle iron one hole to the right... and power switch bad

Derrick Lee
06-30-2013, 7:47 PM
Just installing the front rail on my new Grizzly 690, moved the front rail angle iron one hole to the right. This left me with two bolts mounting the front rail angle iron to the rest of the saw top. One of the holes (the second on the right) is now opening up to the cast iron top. Per other people's examples here, I drilled a hole into the CI top and I'm able to bolt this third bolt to the front angle iron. I have two questions...

A) Are these three bolts enough to support the front rail to the CI top and CI wing?

B) The manual says to make sure the top of the front angle iron sits 3/16" below the top of the front of the CI tables where the the bevel starts. I did just that, but by sliding the rail over a hole, the openings in the rail for the miter slots has now moved too and so the miter slots are covered up. What did you guys do? Did you guys slide the rail down by the roughly 1/16" - 1/8" so that the top of the rail now sits flush with the bottom of the miter slots, or did you guys take an angle grinder and jus t open up this space in the front rail to allow clearance for the miter slots?

On another note, my magnetic power switch seems dead. I opened up the power switch (took off the cover, i mean), and initially, the green power button under the cover wouldn't turn the machine on. By messing around with things, I pushed the set of 4 connected square buttons on the left of the box and it clicked inwards and the saw powered on. Off button works fine. I put the cover back on and the green power button works again, at least for the next 10 or so attempts. Then it stopped working once again. I took the cover off, the green switch inside wouldn't turn it on still, but the 4 square buttons did. Anyone else run into this problem or know what it could be? I do intend to call Grizzly in the morning about this but just wanted to see if anyone had run into this before...