PDA

View Full Version : Super DOUBLE gloat!!!

Erin Stringer
05-22-2005, 9:51 AM
Some of you may remember my changing table (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=16923) from a few months back. I am proud to say that it is finally in use!!!! It is actually twice the use that I anticipated, I'm now the PROUD father of twins.

I had to gloat over them so here they are.

Jerry Clark
05-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Congradulations Erin, They are beautiful. :) I am the proud grandpa of twins and they are so much fun! :cool:

Martin Shupe
05-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Congratulations!

Prepare to be sleep deprived!

Jim Becker
05-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Whoo hoo!!! Congratulations, Erin. They are absolutely beautiful!!! And don't worry about the sleep deprevation...it's all worth it in the overall scheme of things.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Congrats Dad! times 2 of course..........

Robby Phelps
05-22-2005, 12:17 PM
YAHOOO! Congrats dad! Beautiful looking little ones you got there.

Bruce Page
05-22-2005, 12:27 PM
The fun begins!
Congrats to you and your LOYL!

Greg Heppeard
05-22-2005, 3:31 PM
Good looking babies, CONGRATS!!!

Ted Shrader
05-22-2005, 3:32 PM
Erin -

CongraTulations to you and your lady. Fine looking set of babies there.

Regards,
Ted

Tim Morton
05-22-2005, 4:21 PM
GREAT GLOAT!!!! Best looking babies I've seen in awhile, and don't worry sleep will come in about 5 years:D

Jeff Sudmeier
05-22-2005, 5:00 PM
Erin, congrats!! They sure look cute.

David Wilson
05-22-2005, 5:13 PM
Congrats Erin. Good looking babies, They must have gotten there looks from there mom.

Erin Stringer
05-22-2005, 6:38 PM
Thanks for the compliments, the girls are absolutely wonderful. For those of you who mentioned tired, I don't think I ever really knew what it meant until we got home with these two. I agree that it is completely and totally worth it though. We are slowly getting things figured out, there have been daily trips to Babies R Us so far but we are getting it sorted out. We only had two weeks notice that we would be adopting twins so we still have to double up on some stuff.

Thanks again for the compliments. Hopefully I have some projects to show you all in the future (probably not anytime soon though...)

John Shuk
05-22-2005, 7:28 PM
Congrats and God bless you and your family!

Von Bickley
05-22-2005, 7:37 PM
Congratulations on your beautiful daughters. Lots of future wood working projects, beds, night stands, chest of drawers, book cases, etc., etc. :) :) :)

Dennis Peacock
05-22-2005, 7:48 PM
Congrats Erin..!!!!! But TWINS!!!!! :eek: :D

You have been doubly blessed my friend!!!! Beautilful babies and they sure are sweet looking. Must have got their looks from momma.!! :p ;) :D

Keith Starosta
05-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Erin, that is AWESOME!!!! Huge CONGRATS to you and your wife. My boy/girl twins are 22 months old now, and are insanely fun to be around. That feeling of tiredness will wear off .......well, just about never, but it's worth it!!

Since you guys are still stocking up on stuff, be sure to take advantage of all the special "Twin Specials" that lots of companies offer. Extra discounts for parents of multiples, that type of stuff. My wife was a master at hunting them down. I'm talking everything from formula to furniture!

Again, congrats!!

Keith

John Miliunas
05-23-2005, 11:10 AM
BIG TIME congrats!!!:) Yes, as was already said Erin, you are truly blessed! You may indeed find your shop time decreasing a bit, but the balance of the time not in there will be well spent! Your changing table will indeed be getting a good workout now! Beautiful looking girls, BTW!:) Again, congrats.:cool:

Tyler Howell
05-23-2005, 3:46 PM
Well we won't be hearing much from Erin for a while! Maybe after the 2am diaper changes.

Congrats Erin.

Dave Richards
05-23-2005, 4:27 PM
Congratulations, Dad. Very nice pair you have there. Just think two of everything. I know you are tired but once you can catch up on your sleep, you'd better get busy in the shop. Don't do it until you've had some sleep. Those little girls want their daddy to have all his digits. ;)

John Daugherty
05-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Congrats on the beautiful girls. I often thank God that my son was only one! :o

Erin Stringer
05-25-2005, 9:43 AM
Thanks for all of the compliments guys. They are defninitely miracles from God and we are thankful every day for having the opportunity to raise them. Grandma got here last night so hopefully I will be able to get a little sleep in the coming days.

Keith, I will defnintely look into the discounts! I can't believe how much these little ones "consume" from formula to diapers to bibs and burp cloths. It is amazing that at after washing all of the bottles at the end of the day I can get up the next morning and have another 6-8 bottles to wash all over again! Is there a trick to getting these discounts or a website that has a listing?

Mark Singer
05-25-2005, 10:04 AM
double congradulations!

Keith Starosta
05-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Thanks for all of the compliments guys. They are defninitely miracles from God and we are thankful every day for having the opportunity to raise them. Grandma got here last night so hopefully I will be able to get a little sleep in the coming days.

Keith, I will defnintely look into the discounts! I can't believe how much these little ones "consume" from formula to diapers to bibs and burp cloths. It is amazing that at after washing all of the bottles at the end of the day I can get up the next morning and have another 6-8 bottles to wash all over again! Is there a trick to getting these discounts or a website that has a listing?

Erin, I'm going to send you a PM with a whole bunch of information in it. I've got my wife compiling some stuff now, and when she gets it back to me, it'll be on its way!!

Keith

Chip Olson
05-25-2005, 2:37 PM
Wow! Congratulations to you and your wife!

As the father of a 4-month-old who won't nurse (he gets pumped breastmilk, which is a pain in the-- well, where you'd expect), I can offer some hints on bottle washing. A dishwasher is an excellent thing to have (if your bottles aren't top rack dishwasher safe, throw them out and get ones that are); we ended up buying one and I built a temporary cabinet for it since the kitchen cabinets are a long time from done. The other thing you might look into is the steam bags for sterilizing bottles in the microwave; you can order these from <a href="http://store.babycenter.com/product/feeding/breastfeeding/pumps_and_accessories/3854">Babycenter</a>, or Babies-R-Us might have them. (My local BRU is in the same strip mall as a Home Despot: one-stop shopping! :-) ) They're <i>much</i> faster and more convenient than boiling.

One is tiring enough; I can't imagine dealing with twins.

Robert Cox
05-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Playtex bottles with the bags!

BTW, congratulations. You must be very happy.