PDA

View Full Version : Child's Puzzle Rocker

Floyd Cox
06-29-2013, 6:42 AM
This Is for my Grandson Nolen.

I found some plans listed by; Skip Weiser on this site for a child's puzzle rocker and used them.

Materials 3/4 Baltic birch plywood, 3 cans of Rustoleum Acrylic, which I hated using , it took forever to get an even coat. Then printed out some decals.

My daughter & son-in-law live here in Arkansas but are Florida state fans

265366 265367 265368

glenn bradley
06-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Well done Floyd. It is a joy to use our skills for our loved ones.

Mel Fulks
06-29-2013, 10:42 AM
That is wild! I hope you have inscribed and dated it.

Bruce Page
06-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Floyd, I love it! How detailed are the plans? Could they be converted to digital?

Floyd Cox
06-30-2013, 7:28 AM
Here is the plans I came up with for 3/4 material, if you would like the full size drawing, send me a message with email and I will forward it to you in a zip file.

I had it printed at Staples came out great just be sure to let them know the finished print size is to be 24x48 and take a measurement on one of the dimensions before you leave.

enjoy

Mike McCann
06-30-2013, 6:36 PM
here are the plans for the puzzle chairs I have made

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?113141-rocking-chairs&highlight=chair

William Milkie
04-08-2019, 12:37 PM
Floyd
I'm new to the forum, just found an old thread on a childrens puzzle chair; you mentioned you could send a full size drawing, if you still have that I would appreciate it;
wdmilkie@gmail.com

thanks

William Milkie

Here is the plans I came up with for 3/4 material, if you would like the full size drawing, send me a message with email and I will forward it to you in a zip file.

I had it printed at Staples came out great just be sure to let them know the finished print size is to be 24x48 and take a measurement on one of the dimensions before you leave.

enjoy

Thomas Hathorn
12-12-2019, 6:15 PM
Floyd Cox I just saw your post about the puzzle rocking chair and if it is still available I would like a copy of the plans or anyone else that has plans that would send them I would greatly appreciate it. I have been seeing the plans but most of them are for smaller kids and have been trying to figure out how to increase the size for kids a few years older to have a choice of chairs.
Thank You
Thomas Hathorn
thomas@pldi.net

al heitz
12-17-2019, 10:27 PM
Mike,
I am interested in your puzzle chair and a template for it. This might be a good project for my first great-granddaughter. I built chairs once before, but without any plans. When I do that I usually overcompensate and overbuild things that would survive an atomic attack. Yours looks much simpler and sleeker.

I live in the Tri-County area. What part of Cincinnati do you live in? I could save you postage on the template and maybe get a chance to look at the real thing, too, if I could stop by and see you. Let me know the possibilities.

I tried to send you a pm but it was rejected, saying you could not receive pms. Let me know if you have an email address and I will share mine with you. In the mean time I don't want to post mine for all the world to see.

Thanks,
Al Heitz