PDA

View Full Version : Goldwing F6B

Mike Heidrick
06-28-2013, 11:56 PM
I own and ride a 2010 Vmax - I love it. It is not at all a 2-up bike though. I would like to have one my wife and I can enjoy trips on together. I saw and test rode a Goldwing F6B today. It is a Street Glide-ish type Goldwing. Man it sure was a nice ride. The 1800_cc motor was real responsive too. Lists at $19,900 and the Deluxe model when it becomes available will be $20,900. It includes heated grips, passenger backrest, and self canceling turn signals - Very sweet add ons/mods. Anyway - any of you guys like Goldwings or have seen that bike yet?265356

Stephen Cherry
06-29-2013, 12:30 AM
Mike- nice bike, but don't you think you would be happier with something a little bigger?

John McClanahan
06-29-2013, 9:39 AM
I own a GL1500. It's my third Goldwing. Bought my first one in 1981.

John

Gordon Eyre
06-29-2013, 10:33 AM
I rode the delux Goldwing Aspencade for a number of years and loved it. My wife and I took some great trips with it. They are comfortable and fairly quiet to ride.

Robert McGowen
06-29-2013, 11:48 AM
265494 I have a 2012 ABS model Goldwing. I got it in November and am taking it in this week for the 8,000 mile service. I would describe it as the best dressed crotch rocket you will ever ride. It is super responsive, super fast, and has about everything you could want on a motorcycle. I personally think that the F6B is a bad idea. Most people get the Goldwing for the touring aspect and the comforts, a lot of which is for the passenger on back. The F6B doesn't really do anything for the passenger and with the chopped fairing, isn't all that great for touring, never mind the reduced cargo space. If I had to choose between the two, it would not even be a contest. Just my $.02.

Bruce Page
06-29-2013, 12:29 PM
That’s a beautiful bike. I have always loved the Goldwings. Back in the 80’s a friend & I did several cross country rides and would switch rides. He had a GL1100 and I had a Yamaha XS11. I always loved the smoothness of the GL.
BTW, my 1979 XS11 had self cancelling turn signals.:)

Michael Weber
06-29-2013, 12:33 PM
Kind of agree with Robert. I looked at it online and think Honda would have been smarter to cutback on all the audio accessories and kept the cruise control from the big GW.

Mac McQuinn
06-30-2013, 10:03 AM
At 20K + Tax, You're in a pretty serious group of Motorcycles. Lots of different bikes to look over, test ride and evaluate. Take your wife on those test rides as seat comfort and wind protection are going to be entirely different for her than you.
I would look for something manageable in size, lots of smooth torque, decent suspension travel w/ adjustments for damping and pre-load and ease of maintenance. Keep in mind, in another month and you'll have more room to haggle on price.

That said, I owned a new 1982 Bare/bones 1100 Gold Wing and sold it quicker than any bike I've owned. It was basically like a refrigerator, stone reliable although boring as can be.

Mac

Brett Robson
06-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Just from looking at the picture, it appears the rear seat and short backrest is an afterthought designed more for style than passenger comfort. If you plan on taking your wife along on some longer trips you might wind up with a very unhappy passenger an hour or two into your ride! Also without the trunk like the regular Goldwing, you're going to lose a fair amount of storage if that's an issue.

From an aesthetic perspective, the F6B is pretty cool! I like it better than a regular 'wing, but I'd think it might be better for shorter trips as opposed to cross-country touring.

For me I think I'll keep my Stratoliner S, which is nearly perfect, IMHO. :)

Dennis Peacock
07-01-2013, 1:38 PM
For those long "comfortable" 2-up rides? You and the LOYL will want the full GW to carry you both. The passenger comfort on the full GW is 2nd to none when it comes to travel, carrying capacity, and just plain old comfort for you both. You can find a really nice used GW for around $15K or you can buy a new GW for around $21K.

The comfort for 2-up riding on the full GW is hard to beat once you've been there. BUT, I do know a very few that went from GW to v-twin touring and are just as happy. But knowing what I know now? My next bike will be a full GW and not the F6B.

Rod Sheridan
07-03-2013, 8:35 PM
I asked the BOSS (Diann) about riding two up.

Her comment was something to the effect of "Who wants to sit on the back of a bike looking at your fat head"?

I guess that's why we each ride............LOL.

So, no sage advice from me on a new Wing, I did however just buy a red F700GS that made it's first trip to Asheville last month for the rally at Biltmore.

Regards, Rod.

Graham Wintersgill
07-04-2013, 4:52 AM
I never really fancied a Goldwing and like Rod prefer German engineering

Regards

Graham