PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Bed Trays

Andy London
05-22-2005, 6:56 AM
Looking for either a plan or an image on how to attach folding legs to the tray and any ideas on how to have the legs fold up and stay in place. I was thinking perhaps a maganet or something..??

Any feedback appreciates.

Andy

John Hart
05-22-2005, 7:08 AM
Here's some pics Andy...I bet the magnet idea would work pretty good if you embedded the magnet at a position near the pivot point...that way, they'd hold the legs in place but not cause undue strain as the leg was pulled away. You know..like at a lateral position at the tray skirt to the leg face.

Now I want to make some :rolleyes:

Andy London
05-22-2005, 7:10 AM
Here's some pics Andy...I bet the magnet idea would work pretty good if you embedded the magnet at a position near the pivot point...that way, they'd hold the legs in place but not cause undue strain as the leg was pulled away. You know..like at a lateral position at the tray skirt to the leg face.

Now I want to make some :rolleyes:

Holy smokes bud, that first one is a done deal!!! I really like the design, will change a few things but that is exactly what I was looking for....stay tuned, should have three of these ready to post by friday and THANKS SO MUCH!

John Hart
05-22-2005, 7:34 AM
I stole those pictures from a couple of internet stores a while back..(don't remember where) But I like the first one too. Yours will probably be much nicer. I look forward to your pictures!

Alan Turner
05-22-2005, 8:50 AM
I love it; a cabriole leg bed tray. I am sure this is an Eighteenth century piece.

Richard Wolf
05-22-2005, 8:54 AM
I love it; a cabriole leg bed tray. I am sure this is an Eighteenth century piece.

Allen, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a ball and claw would add interest.

Richard

Jeff Sudmeier
05-22-2005, 4:43 PM
Wow, I really like that first one as well! I had never seen one that I really liked. Thanks for the pics.

John Hart
06-16-2005, 8:05 AM
So how's the trays Andy? Ain't heard in a while. Did something step in the way? (that's the story of MY life!!)