PDA

View Full Version : Lee valley drill press table

Dan Masshardt
06-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Anybody have this? Any feedback if so?

Roy Harding
06-28-2013, 12:07 PM
I've had one for a few years now. I'm happy with it. As I recall, at the time I was setting up my new shop, and didn't have the time to make all the various jigs and fixtures I wanted/needed - so I bought this table instead of making my own.

I could have made one that was just as functional in my shop - but I don't regret the purchase, and I'd probably make the same choice today if I had to.

paul cottingham
06-28-2013, 1:59 PM
I have one, and am very happy with it. That said, I never use the fence.

Roy Harding
06-28-2013, 2:03 PM
... That said, I never use the fence.

Isn't that interesting - I ALWAYS (well - 95% of the time) use the fence, and usually the stop - this lets me drill accurately placed holes in multiple pieces.

paul cottingham
06-28-2013, 3:58 PM
It's funny. When I bought the table I thought I would use the fence all the time. But I found it gets in the way too much, and I would rather use a 4" line for dust and chip collection. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. :-)

Dan Masshardt
06-28-2013, 5:46 PM
It's funny. When I bought the table I thought I would use the fence all the time. But I found it gets in the way too much, and I would rather use a 4" line for dust and chip collection. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. :-)

Do you use hold downs in the tracks then?

This table has all miter slots rather than t-track right?

Roy Harding
06-28-2013, 6:04 PM

T-Track.

I'm not sure what use a miter slot would be in this application.

paul cottingham
06-28-2013, 6:28 PM

I tend to either use hand screws, or just hold it by hand (I know, I know.) I should look at hold downs for the t-track.