PDA

View Full Version : Lee Valley free shipping 6-28 to 7-8

Paul Saffold
06-28-2013, 9:31 AM
Lee Valley free shipping 6-28 to 7-8

Chris Griggs
06-28-2013, 9:36 AM
I hate you Paul! But not nearly as much as my wife and wallet do.

The thing about these free shipping events that kills me though, is every time you see them you know they're about to release something really cool the day after free shipping ends, so I can never decided whether to get the free shipping or wait until it ends and see if I want what they've been cooking. Rob's evil.:)

Paul Saffold
06-28-2013, 10:15 AM
LOL. I'm just the messenger.

Rob Lee
06-28-2013, 10:30 AM
I hate you Paul! But not nearly as much as my wife and wallet do.

The thing about these free shipping events that kills me though, is every time you see them you know they're about to release something really cool the day after free shipping ends, so I can never decided whether to get the free shipping or wait until it ends and see if I want what they've been cooking. Rob's evil.:)

You're catchin' on.....!

;)

Cheers -

Rob

Lee Weed
06-28-2013, 10:33 AM
I knew it wouldn't be long before Free Shipping after I placed my order on 6-25 ;(

Jim Koepke
06-28-2013, 11:13 AM
The funny part about this is the last item from my last order during a free shipping event was back ordered.

The item was to be available sometime in June. Checking our banking online yesterday, a charge was noticed from LV telling me it was likely going to ship. So the day goes by until the mail comes and there is a letter from LV telling me the production has problems and they do not expect the item until mid July.

So I check my order on line and it indicates the item shipped a few days after the letter was postmarked.

Surprise, surprise, surprise...

Besides, what good is free shipping if you don't buy something to be shipped?

jtk

John W Johnson
06-28-2013, 11:32 AM
You're catchin' on.....!

;)

Cheers -

Rob

Big Jim Folsom was a former governor of Alabama back in the fifties. He was a notorious drinker and party guy. Once the press was tipped off he had gone to a strip joint. Upon his exit Big Jim was hit with flashbulbs and was asked to explain what he was doing there. He famously answered, "Well, if you bait a trap with whiskey and naked women, you're gonna catch Big Jim every time."

The can be said for me and free shipping from Lee Valley. And yes, I have usually placed an order the week before, or really "need" the new item the week after. Insert Rob Lee's Dr. Evil laugh here.

Chuck Nickerson
06-28-2013, 1:25 PM
Sigh. I just ordered some Barr chisels yesterday; those I budgeted.

The 'free shipping' order is just going to come out of my hide.

Chris Hachet
06-28-2013, 2:04 PM
Sigh. I just ordered some Barr chisels yesterday; those I budgeted.

The 'free shipping' order is just going to come out of my hide.At least I'm building a nice cherry table for next to the living room couch for when I am sleeping on it....

Gary Muto
06-28-2013, 6:06 PM
I just placed my order about an hour ago. I always keep a few things in my shopping cart and try to wait. Sometimes I pull the trigger on special offers and/or if I have an immediate need. I probably pay for shipping about 1/2 the time.

Ryan Baker
06-28-2013, 7:31 PM
I knew it wouldn't be long before Free Shipping after I placed my order on 6-25 ;(

Yep, I also placed an order on 6-25. Happens every time. I'm starting to think Rob waits for my orders and then posts the free shipping. But i'll show him! I'll place another order and get free shipping on that! ---- oh wait...

And yes, I have also noticed that there is usually a free shipping event right before the release of something good. Gotta clear out all those accumulated shopping carts before we all have to order something else. :)

Jim Neeley
06-28-2013, 8:29 PM
..with $32 in freight.

Que sera, sera!!

Jim in Alaska

Hilton Ralphs
06-29-2013, 2:36 AM
I've had a bunch of stuff sitting in my cart for a while now. I was nervous of the Rand/USD rate dropping due to the impending death of Mandela so I placed three separate orders. It was not 3 minutes after my last order arrived yesterday that I received the Free Shipping email.

Mmmmmmmmmm..... win some you lose some.