PDA

View Full Version : Powder Room Cabinet Completed

Scott Coffelt
05-21-2005, 8:29 PM
I have completed the first of many cabinets that I need to build for the new house. As I complete them, I will store in a storage facility until I can install. A number of the cabinets will have to wait until the framing is done, a couple of months away.

Anyways, this is a floating cabinet design and will have a black Silestone counter on top. I will hold off on handles until I install. I still am deciding those anyways. The body is built from Birch & Maple ply and solid Maple. The drawers are Baltic Birch. The fronts or solid Wenge. The outside compartments are drawers and the middle is a flip open door. The sink basin will be one of those that sits on top of the counter, so I decide to make a little cubby hole. The plumbing will go behind it, I have a removable back panel for easy access. I really braced this thing up and added hidden steel brackets that will be lagged into wall studs. Since the design is floating on two sides, I want to make sure it will hold the weight of the cabinet and top. It also includes a piece of aluminum channel around the top. It has been finished with 3 coats of wipe-on poly and three coats of Bri-wax.

When I get to installation phase, I'll show follow-ups.

Jim Becker
05-21-2005, 9:12 PM
That's a very kewel design, Scott! 'Looking forward to see it installed when the time comes!

Corey Hallagan
05-21-2005, 9:18 PM
Very cool indeed Scott! I can't wait to see that installed as well. Very slick!
Corey

John Hart
05-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Very nice Scott. What's the aluminum channel for?

Scott Coffelt
05-22-2005, 9:13 AM
John,

It's just an accent piece, to add some more modern flair to it.

Jeff Sudmeier
05-22-2005, 4:44 PM
Scott, that is a very neat design! You have done this one proud!