PDA

View Full Version : How to setup coreldraw to use my pass-through on my machine

Allan Stephens
06-24-2013, 3:46 PM
Hello Guys I to are new to this and i am wanting to know if anybody has any idea how to setup artwork in coreldraw X5, AI cs6 or lasercut 5.3 to use my pass-through on my machine. my machine is 1200 x 900 mm and a job i have is and must be 1220 x 900 mm so to do this i need to use my pass-through. I have tried to stuff over the internet but nothing, so i thought i would try here. I have tried to cut it in half but trying to line it up when cutting doesn't work to well, i used to use a program called multicad for my CNC router and when my diagrams were bigger then machine it automatically did a pass-though setup so it would just cut to table size then i had to move it, this is what i am trying to do with my laser machine.

Hope someone can help us out or lead me on the right path.

Regards:
Allan

AL Ursich
06-24-2013, 10:52 PM
I saw this trick once where a double stick tape was used to add a sacrificial strips of wood to a piece of project wood top and bottom in width. The Artwork was setup to make index marks on the strips both top and bottom. Once the first set of marks were made the second layer with the artwork is done. Then the board is indexed and the first layer of index marks is lasered again at low power, adjusting the board until the match was made. Then layer 2 and the second part of the image was done. If done correct, the layer 2 art matches....

So you will need to setup layers and index marks.... I only saw a picture of it being done... Good Luck

I use Corel Draw and only have a small 20 watt laser with no pass through.

AL

Ross Moshinsky
06-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Post the image/artwork. For 20mm, I'd try my hardest not to over complicate the job.

Vicki Rivrud
06-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Hi Allan,
Did you look at the Lasercut tutorial posted at RabbitlaserUSA . . . how to modify a project design to cut in sections.

Works like a charm for us on our 1200 x 900 with the pass-through.

Vicki