PDA

View Full Version : Making Perfect circle or Square in Corel Draw 6x

Jesse Anderson
06-24-2013, 2:00 PM
I was working with a customer today and i ran into a problem.

When i was making a square or circle i use to just draw it and then while it is selected i would enter in the Size Ie" 1.5 X 1.5 .. Now when i enter in the size it is compensating and changing either the width or the height by a few degrees...

I know i can hold down control and then draw the circle so its the exact same width and height !
But i do not remember having the problem were it would auto compensate for the numbers that i punch in.. Not sure if i hit and saved a setting wrong. But i know for a fact that what ever number i put in the width and height, that is what the shape would come up to be ?

Might sound like a simple problem. but its annoying.,

Lee DeRaud
06-24-2013, 2:40 PM
Sounds like it's defaulting to "preserve aspect ratio"...is the little "lock" icon next to the size text boxes checked?

AL Ursich
06-24-2013, 11:09 PM
I was thinking the same thing... The Padlock is unlocked letting changes to me made in width or heigth... when locked preserves ratio.

I am still working in 12...

AL

Richard Rumancik
06-27-2013, 9:51 AM
Seems that when I unlock the aspect ratio padlock, enter one parameter (say x axis dimension) and then hit return it will just leave the second dimension alone. So I am not sure that the aspect ratio lock is what is causing the problem . . .

But maybe I don't understand exactly what Jesse is seeing. Jesse, can you give an example of the exact steps and keystrokes you used to create say a circle, and what CorelDraw then displays? When you say it is changing a dimension by a few degrees - I assume you mean this to be a few thousandths - but show us some numbers and maybe someone can figure it out.

Mike Null
06-27-2013, 10:05 AM
I suspect that he is working with the aspect lock on and when he changes the first dimension it automatically changes the second dimension. If he's working with a rectangle or circle with different dimensions he needs to unlock the aspect ratio lock and make separate changes to both dimensions.

If he's working with a square or perfect circle he can lock the button and change one dimension--the other will automatically change to the desired setting.

Jesse Anderson
07-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Thank you for the help... I posted this thread a few days ago.. I am not sure how it got locked "Defaulted"... But it was kind of irritating not to be able to enter in my exact mathematics... Even if its off by 1/100 of a inch...... I know allot of people go with the thinking do not stretch a image Period !!!!!. But i am the kind of person that is picky picky picky... Even if i think my work will be a few pixels off i will try my best...