PDA

View Full Version : New Yankee Workshop Videos on Youtube

Paul McGaha
06-23-2013, 2:39 PM
I don't know how long they've been there but I came across some New Yankee Workshop videos on Youtube today.

Seems to be quite a few of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shIVWj8c8vY

It's nice to see him. I liked his shows the best of all the woodworking shows. I don't know, I just like his teaching style.

PHM

ken masoumi
06-23-2013, 3:10 PM
Thank you for the link,already bookmarked.
I like the way he explains things also,he's very straight to the point,no rambling ,everything he says is important and worth paying attention to.IMHO he's a true master carpenter.

Jerry Olexa
06-23-2013, 3:46 PM
Thanks..Good tip

Michael Dunn
06-23-2013, 4:51 PM
Thamx for sharing! Great to know where to go to see some more good vids.

Dave Cav
06-23-2013, 6:22 PM
Most of them have been on Youtube for a while, but I see there are a few new additions. I have a number of them downloaded to a thumb drive, and when ever we have a 1/2 day at school with 25 minute class periods, I show a different Norm video. The length is perfect, and it holds most of their interest. What I like to stress to the students is that Norm demonstrates projects and techniques that you don't need thousands of dollars of high end woodworking equipment to do. Most of his stuff can be done with a table saw, a router (of course) and some hand tools. Plus, he's not personally annoying, unlike some of the other woodworking personalities I could name.