PDA

View Full Version : Cermark on Ceramic Tiles

Jeff Belany
06-21-2013, 3:24 PM
I posted about this a few months ago, just checking to see if anyone out there is doing a lot of ceramic tile using Cermark? I used the old LMM 12 with great success but the new LMC 6044P has been a pain. I tried the setting Cermark recommends which is low power and speed (28 speed, 14 power on my 45W) and the mark wipes off when you wash it off. Did a test with different power and speeds and I can get it to work with a lot more power. My questions is this -- how much difference might the brand of tiles make? I am using a different brand than I have had before (both just inexpensive white glossy tile) and wonder if that makes much difference. I find it hard to imagine why the mfg's settings are so far off. And I mean not even close. I have another job coming up and would like to make sure they work.

I do clean the tiles before coating and I'm sure I'm getting a nice even coat. Last time I did some they seemed OK after cleaning but a couple days after running the image could be wiped off with your finger with little pressure. Looked OK but totally useless to sell.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Ross Moshinsky
06-21-2013, 5:36 PM
You have your settings wrong. Cermark = 100 power.

walter hofmann
06-22-2013, 5:11 AM
Hi there
I use white glossy glazed tiles like from home depot and engrave pictures on it like this one here but I only use "Frog" the heavy taky masking tape 264896
the most importand part is that the tiles must have a thick glaze .
this tiles was put in the dishwasher a few times and no visible changes.
greetings
waltfl

Jeff Belany
06-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Ross,

I agree, but I have the LMC 6044P sheet right in front of me and it states: 45W laser, ceramic, 14 Power, 28 Speed. 600 dpi. My tests show it needs a lot more power. I just found it hard to believe that the factory settings could be that far off. I was curious if it may have been the brand of tile, maybe some off glaze. Luckily I have a lot of time until the job has to be done so I can get it right.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin